CityWalk, at the Universal Orlando Resort, will begin limited operation of select venues on Thursday, May 14 from 4-10 pm daily as they take the first steps toward reopening the destination.
Let’s talk about what you will find once the area begins its limited operations!
5 things to know about Universal Orlando’s CityWalk Limited Operations
1. What safety measures will be in place for guests?
The Universal Orlando Resort is working closely with local health officials and their own health and safety experts and adhere to CDC guidelines.
Here are specific safety measures you will find when Universal Orlando’s CityWalk begins limited operations:
- Team Members will undergo temperature checks and will wear face coverings.
- Temperature checks for each guest will be taken upon arrival. If a guest has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater, they will not be able to enter CityWalk.
- The Universal Orlando Resort will require guests to wear face coverings during their visit, and they will have complimentary disposable face coverings as well as face coverings available for purchase at cost. If a guest has a disability that prevents them from wearing a facial covering, they’ll be directed to the Guest Services team to discuss reasonable accommodations.
- Each venue will limit the capacity to help enforce social distancing, and all chairs and tables will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each seating. High-touch surfaces throughout CityWalk will be frequently cleaned and disinfected as well.
- Cashless payments will be available at all venues.
Please note the CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend.
People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19, and the Universal Orlando Resort cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit.
2. Where can I park?
During the limited operations of Universal Orlando’s CityWalk, self-parking is complimentary and is subject to change.
Valet parking will not be available at this time.
3. What entertainment venues will be open?
You can take advantage of the lovely weather and take a swing at Hollywood Drive-In Golf™.
However, you will want to keep in mind that Blue Man Group, all nightclubs, and Universal Cinemark will remain temporarily closed at this time.
4. What restaurants will be open?
Select full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations will be open including:
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant and Market
- Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville® (outside & Lone Palm)
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery™ mobile ordering available
- Voodoo Doughnut mobile ordering available
It is important to note that each restaurant will have a limited menu and limited seating available, and reservations are recommended for full-service restaurants.
Guests are also encouraged to go contact-free with the Official Universal Orlando app, available for free in the App Store and Google Play Store.
5. What shopping locations will be open?
While additional shopping locations may open, currently the following CityWalk locations are scheduled to open May 14, 2020:
- Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company® (retail only)
- Universal Studios Store™ and select merchandise carts
- Select Merchandise carts
To prepare for your visit, you can find more information on the CDC guidelines here and more information about Universal Orlando’s policies during this time here.
Again, please keep in mind that Universal Orlando’s theme parks and hotels as well as Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk Hollywood remain closed through at least May 31, 2020.
I am soooo excited to see locations begin to reopen, and I can’t wait to visit Universal Orlando’s CityWalk!
You can find more information about theme park news and tips by subscribing to our YouTube Channel and following @onthegoinmco on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!Follow us for more updates: