Hopefully it hasn’t happened to you, but this weekend I renewed my Walt Disney World Annual Pass and during the process I ran into to an issue and needed some extra help with a MagicBand issue.
From this experience I wanted to share with you six tips to make the process of dealing with technical issues a little easier.
Six Tips for Dealing with Walt Disney World Ticket and MagicBand Issues
1. Make sure you have the right number to call.
The phone number to call for these issues is (407) 939-7765, which is open 7 days a week from 7am – 11pm EST. If you are a guest under 18, you will need permission to call.
2. Stay Calm.
Now I wish I had followed my own advice as first on this one! The issue I had originally made it seem as if my account was blank, meaning I had lost all of my information and PhotoPass pictures.
But I definitely suggest taking a moment before calling, because it makes communication much easier.
3. Set aside some time for the call.
Getting to the bottom of an issue can take a little time, so make sure you have the time to wait for a Cast Member to answer your call and for the concern to be resolved.
We are all busy, but I found that I am less frantic and more open to finding solutions when I am less stressed about a time crunch.
My worst idea on this one was once calling from the Car Riders Pick-Up Line at my daughter’s school…I don’t recommend that at all!
4. Be at your computer when you call in for help.
While many issues can be also dealt with by looking at the My Disney Experience App, it is often more helpful if you can be in front of your computer when you are speaking with the Cast Member helping you.
5. Share as much information as you can about the issue.
As soon as I run into any issue or concern, the first thing I do is stop dead in my tracks and write down details about how I ran into them so they are easier to identify or recreate if necessary.
Some information you might want to take note of include:
- Time & Date of issue
- If it happened Online (the Walt Disney World website) or My Disney Experience App or in the Parks
- MagicBand Number (if you are trying to link a specific MagicBand to your account)
- What exactly happened
- What I did after the issue (i.e. Did you check with any of your connected Family or Friends to see if you were still visible in their My Disney Experience App?)
6. Take the survey at the end of the call.
Not being in a rush also includes taking the time to complete the short survey at the end of the call, because the feedback about the lines of communication helps optimize the experience for the future as well as helps recognize Cast Members for doing an exceptional job.
Now while I hope that you never need this information, I hope that you find it helpful in case you do!
Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: