Celebrating Easter At Walt Disney World
If you and your family will be celebrating Easter at Walt Disney World, you will find many ways to make your day unforgettable!
Easter Day Religious Services
Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be hosting Easter Day Religious Services for guests, and while you do not need to be staying specifically at the Contemporary Resort to join in the services you will need to find your own way to the resort.
For the best transportation options, visit your Resort’s Concierge Desk and speak to a Cast Member.
Sunday, March 27, 2016 – Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Fantasia Ballroom
Guests can be a part of an Easter Day Religious Ceremony at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
There will be three Services:
- Catholic Mass: 8:00am & 10:30am
- Protestant Service: 9:15am
Easter Day Meals
So many family memories around Easter are created around the dinner table, and even if you are away from home you can still have a wonderful holiday family meal at Walt Disney World.
Throughout the Walt Disney World Resort you will find that several dining locations are adding special touches to meals through out the day.
- Boatwright’s Dining Hall – Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Riverside: Brunch Buffet
- Boma – Flavors of Africa – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge: Breakfast Buffet
- Cape May – Disney’s Beach Club Resort: Breakfast & Dinner Buffet
- Captain’s Grille – Disney’s Yacht Club Resort: Brunch Buffet
- Chef Mickey’s – Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Brunch Buffet
- The Wave – Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Brunch Buffet
- Epcot World ShowPlace – Epcot World Showcase: Brunch Buffet
Easter Activities at the Resorts
If you are looking for an Easter Egg Hunt or Candy Dash to help complete your Easter Celebrations, you find that Easter Day is full of activities at the Walt Disney World Resorts.
Guests at the following Disney’s on-site Resorts will find special Easter themed recreation activities on Easter Day, and some will also host special Easter Character Meet & Greet Opportunities, Easter Egg Hunts, and Candy Dashes.
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Boardwalk Inn & Villas Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
- Disney’s Grand Floridian
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
For a full schedule of activities and if Characters will be visiting your Resort, check with the Concierge Desk. Also make sure you arrive 10-15 minutes early to ensure you will be able to participate.
Meeting the Easter Bunny and more at the Magic Kingdom
You can meet Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny daily from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm until March 27, 2016 in the Town Square Area. There will also be a PhotoPass photographers available so you can get a family photo.
Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade will take place at noon and 3:00 pm daily, and March 26 & 27, the Azalea Trail Maids will be in a pre-parade before the Festival of Fantasy parade. They will also be in Town Square for meet and greets on March 27.
Easter Egg Display
Every year the chefs at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort create stunning Disney themed Easter Eggs that are pieces of art created from chocolate and sugar that are displayed in the Resort’s lobby.
You definitely don’t want to miss these beautiful Easter Eggs!
Ostrich Egg Silent Auctions
This year both Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will host Ostrich Egg Silent Auctions.
The eggs, uniquely designed by Resort Cast Members, are displayed in the Lobbies of each resort from 10:00am-5:00pm Wednesday, March 23 – Thursday, March 24, and guests have the opportunity to take part in a silent auction to win one of these fantastic eggs.
The winning bids are announced on Friday, March 25th, and all proceeds earned will be donated to the Disney Conservation Fund.
Returning to Epcot is the Egg-stravaganza! From March 2-27, guests search Epcot’s World Showcase for special hidden Easter Eggs themed to some of your favorite Disney Characters.
What can you egg-spect? From March 2 – March 27, search for special hidden ‘eggs’ themed to Disney characters at some of your favorite theme parks.
How it works:
- Purchase a Map and Stickers for $5.95, plus tax and no discounts apply, at Heritage Manor, Pin Central, Port of Entry, and World Traveler.
- Egg-splore Epcot’s WorldShowcase for ‘eggs’ that portray Disney characters!
- Record your findings by placing the matching sticker on the specially themed Egg-stravaganza map to represent that location.
- Show your completed map to the Cast Member in the redemption location inside Port of Entry, and play a game of ‘egg-scramble’ to pick up your surprise.