RUN FOR RESCUES
A Fashionable 5K & 1 Mile Dog Jog
to benefit the SPCA of Central Florida
The first annual RUN FOR RESCUES will be held on Saturday, May 17, 2014 at The Mall at Millenia.
ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT THE SPCA OF CENTRAL FLORIDA.
Healthy pets and healthy people are always in fashion!
You can find all of the Run for Rescues details here.
Who said formal wear and running shoes don’t go together? Accessorize your running apparel with a tutu, tiara, bow tie, or anything else you can imagine – and RUN FOR RESCUES!
- A timed, chipped USATF certified Fashionable 5k – for serious or casual human runners and walkers
- A fun, untimed, 1 Mile Dog Jog to walk or jog with or without your dog.
Prizes will be awarded to top individual and team finishers and the largest team in the Fashionable 5k. There will also be prizes for the most fashionable humans in the Fashionable 5k and the most fashionable humans and dogs in the 1 Mile Dog Jog.
The event will feature health screenings and demonstrations for people and dogs as well as photo ops on the
red carpet with the “pup-arazzi” and celebrity shelter pets!
- The SPCA of Central Florida has partnered with Florida Hospital Healthy 100 to create
Get Your Jog On: 5k Fitness Training Program for People to get you in shape to confidently run the Fashionable 5k in just 10 weeks. Choose from:
- A personally coached version featuring a series of five in-person training sessions with Florida Hospital experts, supplemented by a schedule of independent exercise sessions. This version requires a $10 donation to the SPCA of Central Florida.
- A do-it-yourself version: We provide you with the schedule and you start training by yourself or with your friends! This version is free.
- The SPCA of Central Florida has partnered with the veterinarians at Sanlando Springs Animal Hospital and the trainer at Big Paw Pet Care to create Get Your Dog On: 1 Mile Fitness Training Program for Dogs to get your dog in shape to confidently run or jog the 1 Mile Dog Jog in just 10 weeks. Choose from:
- A personally coached version featuring a series of three in-person canine fitness training sessions with the trainer from Big Paw Pet Care, supplemented by a schedule of independent exercise sessions. This version requires a $5 donation to the SPCA of Central Florida.
- A do-it-yourself version: We provide you with the schedule and you start training your dog! This version is free.
RELAX WITH THE RESCUES: After the Fashionable 5k & 1 Mile Dog Jog, head across the street to the SPCA of Central Florida’s Orlando shelter and meet the cats and dogs available for adoption. Enjoy $10 micro-chipping for your dog (regularly $30) and a special reduced adoption rate all weekend long!
THE SPCA OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: All proceeds from Run for Rescues will benefit the SPCA of Central Florida. By participating in this event you will be supporting Florida’s oldest and largest animal welfare organization. The SPCA of Central Florida is a full-service animal welfare agency, providing shelter and adoption programs, affordable veterinary care, and community outreach programs.
The SPCA of Central Florida is a 501 (c)(3) charity. They are strictly a local organization and receive no federal, state, county, government, national animal organization, or United Way funding. So all the money the SPCA of Central Florida raises goes to helping pets right here in Central Florida! To learn more please visit www.orlandopets.org