8th Annual Great Irish Hooley Music Festival Will Rock Labor Day Weekend at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant in Disney Springs
Central Florida’s rip-roaring, toe-tapping, high-voltage boutique Irish music festival will serve up a colorful live playlist of traditional Irish, Celt grass, folk, blues and soul August 30-September 2 during the 8th Great Irish Hooley at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant in Disney Springs.
There’s no cover charge to join the fun, which begins at 4 p.m. Friday, August 30 and continues into the wee hours of Labor Day, September 2.
Never heard of a “hooley?” It’s an old Gaelic term for a party with music and entertainment with fun for the whole family. The Great Irish Hooley will include Celtic face painting, Hooley-crafted cocktails and beer plus creative new bites by the pub’s inventive culinary team. Raglan Road also will serve the delicious Rollicking Raglan Brunch Saturday, August 31 through Monday, September 2.
This year’s Hooley entertainment headliners include:
- Billow Wood – Playing Irish and U.S. music festivals, this four-piece band fuses its unique brand of instrumentation with multi-vocals and harmonies for a blend of Irish and folk music. The band, which released its long-play album, “Can You See Me” – available for streaming and downloading on Spotify and other music sites – will have everyone tapping along to its bass and drums.
- Strings & Things – Before returning to Raglan Road this summer, the original Irish folk/trad four-piece band Strings & Things toured in London and throughout Ireland with their own original sound and a variety of crossover songs featured on their first original album, “Turbulence.”
- High Time – This fresh new trio from Connemara, Ireland, combines Irish music and an intriguing blend of modern folk influences to produce a rich sound and exciting experience. The band rocks an energetic statement with its instrumental line-up of flute, whistles, harp, bodhran, guitar and vocals – as well as some Irish dance steps thrown in!
- TradGad — Three talented musicians from Kerry, Dublin, Colin Foley (guitar, vocals); Fionn Morrison (Uilleann pipes, whistles); and Ciara Ni Bhrian (guitar, fiddle, mandolin, Uilleann pipes, tin whistle, banjo and bazouki, charm Raglan Road audiences with their vibrant performances.
- Maca – Two Irish sister-musician-songwriters dubbed “Ireland’s next big thing” are rocking Raglan Road Pub stages with their extraordinary talent. Saoise Carty (guitar,vocals) and Naoise Carty (fiddle, vocals) are from Wexford, Ireland.
- The Rolling Wave – Stephen & Abby are one of the finest traditional Irish music duos around. These accomplished, energetic musicians work their crowd for some lively audience participation.
- Atlantic Bridge – These accomplished musicians blend their rich musical backgrounds to create a fresh, exciting mix of country, folk and Irish trad music.
- The Raglan Road Irish Dancers — Plucked from the cast and stages of the world’s greatest Irish dance shows, the Raglan Road Irish Dancers perform throughout the Great Irish Hooley. You can even learn some traditional Irish dance steps – no experience necessary!
Throughout the Hooley, guests can step up to one of Raglan Road’s 130-year-old imported-from-Ireland bars or grab a table for authentic contemporary Irish fare.
In May 2019, Raglan Road received OpenTable honors as one of the top 100 restaurants in America with “all the ingredients for the perfect big night out – upbeat energy innovative cocktails . . . and outstanding food.” A TripAdvisor Hall of Fame honoree and The Daily Meal’s 2018 “Best Irish Pub” in Florida, Raglan Road is known for its beer-battered fish and chips, Shepherd’s pie with a contemporary twist, delectable seafood and desserts, plus gluten-free entrees.
The festival will run from Friday afternoon at 4 pm through the wee hours of Labor Day (actually 1 a.m. Tuesday).
Check out raglanroad.com and join us for the fun!
The complete entertainment schedule is at Great Irish Hooley 2019 .
Owned and operated by Irish partners John Cooke and Paul Nolan, Raglan Road features traditional Irish dishes and new creations with a Celtic twist.
The restaurant’s warm interior of aged walnut and mahogany woods from old Irish bars and churches was built in Ireland and shipped to Orlando.
Live entertainment nightly includes a suite of shows featuring Irish bands and dancers. Guests also can enjoy shows beginning at noon during the weekend Rollicking Raglan Brunch. Lunch is served 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; Dinner 3-11 p.m.; Bar menu 11 p.m.-late; Saturday and Sunday Rollicking Raglan Brunch is served from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant is located at Disney Springs in the Walt Disney World Resort, 1640 E. Buena Vista Dr., Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Visit www.raglanroad.com or call 407/938-0300.Follow us for more updates: