If you are heading to EPCOT to experience “an intergalactic chase through space and time,” you will first need to prepare to take on the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue!
This is a mission that you should not be afraid to take on, BUT you will want to be prepared!
Know Before You Go – Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue
- To join the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue, you will need to make sure that you have downloaded and logged into the My Disney Experience App
- Starting at 7 a.m. on the day of your Park reservation, Guests with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for EPCOT will be able to check for an available boarding group and request access to the virtual queue.
- This can be done before you leave your Resort hotel or on your way to the Park.
- Another opportunity to enter the virtual queue will be released at 1 p.m. for anyone who wasn’t able to join a boarding group earlier in the day.
- Keep in mind that you must be inside EPCOT to access this second virtual queue opportunity.
- Access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- An additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue will be available at 6:00 PM on select dates during extended evening theme park hours, a benefit for registered Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort, or other select hotels.
- Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time.
- These Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours—or, they may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park for which they made their reservation.
- In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to save the galaxy, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day during regular Park hours.
- The virtual queue is only accessible via the My Disney Experience app. Additional information, including tips for getting into the virtual queue, are available here. Guests who need additional help joining the virtual queue for the 1 p.m. enrollment time should seek out a Guest Relations or Guest Experience Team Cast Member.
- Using the Disability Access Service (DAS)? To utilize your DAS, you will still need to have a spot in the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
How to Join the Virtual Queue
- Step 1 – Check Availability Log in to the My Disney Experience app at one of the distribution times. Select “Virtual Queues” on the home screen to view the current status and next steps for joining a virtual queue. The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time or if a backup group is available.
- Step 2 – Enroll Your Group: As long as your Disney account is linked to your group’s park tickets, and everyone has valid admission and park reservations for the park you will visit, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time (subject to availability).
- Step 3 – Enjoy the Experience: If your boarding group is called to return, you’ll receive a notification via the My Disney Experience app. Then, head over to the entrance of the experience within your designated return window.
Some additional Virtual Queue Notes:
- Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to participate in the experience.
- In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the queue, each Guest can enter the virtual queue for a given experience no more than once per day, subject to availability.
- Boarding groups for a virtual queue are limited, subject to availability, and are not guaranteed. Not all boarding groups may be called to return based on the availability of the experience.
- Guests may not hold a boarding group for more than one experience at the same time. If more than one experience is using a virtual queue, guests will need to enter those virtual queues one at a time.
- Guests visiting from another theme park using an Annual Pass or the Park Hopper option may not be able to join the virtual queue in a park where they do not have a Disney Park Pass reservation.
- In order to request access to a virtual queue during Park Hopper hours, a Guest must be inside the theme park where the virtual queue will be used.
I KNOW that all of these bullets look daunting, but you’ve got this! It’s Save the Universe Time!!!!Follow us for more updates: