The Edison at Disney Springs has some exciting events coming up this May – including a new Mixology Series featuring Espolón Tequila, and an intimate evening of specially curated sips of Old Forester and light bites – that are perfect for the ultimate date night.
- OLD FORESTER DINNER, A WALK THROUGH TIME
- May 12 from 6-8:30PM
Join The Edison at Disney Springs for curated mixology and culinary experience, where attendees will take a walk through time, tasting four one-ounce pours of differently aged bottles of Old Forester, featuring the Kentucky straight bourbon whisky from 1870, 1897, 1910, and 1920.
As guests try each whisky, they will also enjoy an accompanying four-course meal, featuring a delectable dish that has been skillfully paired to highlight the different tasting notes of every aged bottle.
For example, Old Forester 1870 — a whisky with notes of baked clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg, as well as citrus-fruit mix — will be served with the tart and salty mixture of bacon and blue cheese.
The Old Forester dinner will take place on May 12, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The Edison’s Tesla Lounge. Tickets are $150++ per person and are extremely limited. Ages 21 and older only.
Event Menu includes:
- 1 oz. Old Forester 1870 paired with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- 1 oz. Old Forester 1897 paired with Peppered Steak and Arugula salad
- 1 oz. Old Forester 1910 paired with ½ Lobster Tail in bourbon brown butter sauce
- 1 oz. Old Forester 1920 paired with Peaches and Bourbon
- MAY MIXOLOGY SERIES
- May 10, 17 and 25, from 6-8PM
This May, The Edison at Disney Springs will offer Espolòn cocktails and accompanying bites for its monthly mixology program.
Each week, guests will indulge in two deliciously curated cocktails, highlighting the notes of sweet agave, lemon zest, and tropical fruit of three types of tequila: Espolòn Blanco, Espolòn Reposado, and Espolòn Anejo.
The specialty beverages will be coupled with savory Mexican-inspired dishes to highlight the smooth tequila, like deep-fried churros served with Mexican chocolate sauce and seared corvina tacos.
These expertly paired samplings will take place on May 10, May 17, and May 25, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at The Edison’s Lake Side Patio. Tickets are $65++ per person per week and are extremely limited. Ages 21 and older only.
Event menus include:
May 10 – Featured Spirit: Espolòn BlancoCocktails
- “Summer Sin” – Espolòn Blanco Tequila, blackberries, agave, lime juice, cilantro
- “Fresas Con Crema” – Espolòn Blanco Tequila, strawberry puree, fresh vanilla bean paste
- Tequila and lime marinated shrimp served with roasted corn salsa and cilantro crema
- “Mexican Hot Chocolate” – deep fried churros, Mexican chocolate sauce, whipped cream
May 17 – Featured Spirit: Espolòn ReposadoCocktails
- “Izta” – Espolòn Reposado Tequila, Grand Marnier, orange bitters, chocolate bitters, agave and served smoked
- “An Afternoon on the Yucatan” – Espolòn Reposado Tequila (watermelon, cucumber and basil Infused) Fresh Yuzu, watermelon juice, topped with bubbles
- Braised pork served with roasted marble potatoes, pearl onions and orange chili syrup
- Seared Corvina Tacos served with cucumber, watermelon salad, basil, Yuzu and aioli
May 25 – Featured Spirit: Espolòn AnejoCocktails
- “Tangerine Dreams” – Espolòn Anejo Tequila, tangerine juice, fresh vanilla bean paste, Electric Dust
- “Abuelita” – Espolòn Anejo Tequila, Habanero bitters, chocolate bitters, Crème de Cacao
- Sweet and citrus roasted sticky wings tossed in tangerine honey sauce
- Coffee-rubbed pork tenderloin served with sautéed quinoa, Cipollini and kale