The theme parks of Central Florida are always buzzing with excitement and events, and here is everything you can experience On the Go in the Parks this weekend!
Don’t forget to tune into News 96.5 WDBO this evening to hear me talk about these events and more on Orlando’s Evening News with Tony Marino!!!
On the Go in the Parks: New this Weekend
In 2020 the Seven Seas Food Festival will run from February 7 through May 5, including Fridays (WOOOOT), to give park-goers plenty more chances to sample more than 180 mouthwatering options from Chef Héctor Colón and his amazing culinary team!
New food offerings include the cricket crusted bison slider, duck and mushroom ramen bowl and the chicken and waffle.
Enjoy local craft beers and mouthwatering culinary flavors while exploring our marketplaces throughout the park.
In addition to delicious eats, guests visiting SeaWorld’s Seven Seas Food Festival can enjoy world-class entertainment every Saturday and Sunday at Bayside Stadium, all included with theme park admission.
This weekend the Seven Seas Food Festival will feature free concerts from:
- February 8 – Maddie & Tae
- February 9 – Trace Adkins
On the Go in the Parks: Returning Favorites
Universal Orlando is celebrating 25 years of its family-friendly Mardi Gras festivities with new parade floats, globally inspired cuisine, and live concerts on select nights from February 1 to April 2 at the Universal Studios Florida theme park.
This year’s parade features six new additional floats, and steps-off at 7:45 pm on February 1 and 6 pm on February 2.
On select nights during the event, guests can enjoy performances by some of the biggest names in music on the Universal Music Plaza Stage, and this weekend The Roots will be performing at 8:30 pm.
Opening daily at 4 pm, the French Quarter Courtyard is where you can find food and spirits available for purchase and performances from Louisiana jazz, blues, and zydeco bands. You can see the Dirty Bourbon River Show will take to the French Quarter Courtyard Stage daily until February 13.
All of the excitement of Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras celebration is included with admission to Universal Studios Florida or with a Seasonal or Annual Pass (blockout dates apply).
And until April 2, Florida residents can experience this year’s Mardi Gras celebration and the spring season by saving up to $65 on multi-day tickets and up to $75 on Seasonal and Annual Passes.
Don’t forget that Mardi Gras celebrations at Universal Studios Florida are held rain or shine, so be sure to plan accordingly.
The annual Epcot International Festival of the Arts at the Walt Disney World Resort will fill the park with a celebration of visual, culinary, and performing arts from around the world daily through February 24, 2020.
The Disney on Broadway Concert Series is the highlight of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts as Broadway stars reprise favorite songs from past performances in award-winning shows three times a day on the American Gardens Theatre stage.
Performances are at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM daily, and you will want to arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes before the concert is set to begin.
Liana Hunt and Adam Jacobs
- February 7 through 8
Kara Lindsay, Kevin Massey, Liana Hunt and Adam Jacobs
- February 9
On select weekends in January and February, LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s guests will “become the ninja” with their favorite heroes and villains from the world of NINJAGO as LEGO NINJAGO Days take over the theme park.
The limited-time event will feature ninja-themed activities, new LEGO character meet-and-greets and delicious, kid-friendly treats all at the place #BuiltForKids.
All event activities are included with paid admission or annual pass
- Strike a ninja pose with characters Kai, Nya, Llyod, Master Wu and for the first time ever, Zane and P.I.X.A.L.
- Achieve a state of zen or show off your wacky ninja moves during the “ninjoga” sessions – a yoga class just for kids
- Watch real-life ninjas demonstrate abilities in mastering the elements of Spinjitzu. The Dojo comes to life with kicking, spinning and tumbling in the all-new show, Elemental Masters
- Become one with the rhythmic forces of nature in Earth Beats, a live, ninja-inspired music and drumming show
- Come dressed as your favorite LEGO NINJAGO hero or villain for a chance to win a LEGO prize
- Count every Master Wu hiding among the landmarks of MINILAND USA and drop off an entry form at LEGO Studio Store for a chance to win a LEGO prize pack
- The all-new Ninja Kitchen food truck’s menu features soon-to-be favorites including Super Fancy Spring Rolls with Peking duck, pork bao buns and sweet Asian chicken wings
- Take your taste buds on a tour around the park with delicious treats including kid-themed candy sushi, chocolate fortune cookies, strawberry cheesecake egg rolls, sensei snack mix and ninja nachos