DISCLOSURE: I was provided with promotional items to host a #DisneySide Party from Disney. All opinions are my own.
I am really excited to be hosting another #DisneySide @Home Celebration, and all this week I thought I would share some of the fun I have been having planning and preparing for my party!
The first thing I want to do is answer a few of the questions I have been asked about hosting a Celebration.
Now I am going to share a lot of things that I like to do and insights into the ins & outs about blogging in this post. I promise that the next few will be more ‘fun’, but I thought it would be interesting (and hopefully helpful) to those who wonder how all these things come together and work.
So let’s get this started!
What is a #DisneySide @Home Celebration?
Everyone has a Disney Side- that fun-loving adventurous spirit that comes out to play when you’re feeling the Disney magic! Whether you show your Disney Side through fashion, food, or your favorite characters, or frequent visits to Disney Parks, it’s time to let it shine. Gather your fellow Disney fans, grab your Mickey ears and prepare to sprinkle some pixie dust on those who cross your path as you let your Disney Side take over!
How do you get selected to host a #DisneySide @Home Celebration?
I registered at MomSelect, BSM Media, and indicated my interest in hosting parties among other options.
When new campaigns, such as #DisneySide @Home Celebration Hosting, are launched you are sent surveys to fill out.
BSM Media is a great resource if you are looking to work with outstanding companies, and I cannot recommend registering with them highly enough! They are wonderful!
What happens next?
If you are chosen to host a Celebration, you will receive a confirmation email which has even more details about hosting and details about what is contained in your party kit.
To keep up with the deliveries I LOVE the UPS App, and if you do a lot of online shopping it also really comes in handy!
What is included in the #DisneySide @Home Celebration Party Kit?
Inside the kit you will find products, activities, and great ideas for hosting your Celebration.
Will it be everything you need? Probably not, and there is no guideline for how much you have to go above and beyond for your party. Last year I went bananas and rented a bounce house and cotton candy machine, but this year I am focusing more on how to spend more time with my guests.
I also have chosen to reach out to various companies I enjoy working with to either feature their products at my party and to giveaway during the party. If you choose to do this, you will want to be upfront about the party being sponsored and the other products you have received.
What are the steps to REALLY hosting a #DisneySide @Home Celebration?
The #DisneySide Celebrations website breaks it down with great resources!
- Get inpired by downloading your Disney Side party kit here:
- Set your party date and invite your friends and family to join you in showing off their Disney Side.
- Add some Disney flair to your party decor, refreshments and goodie bags and design your perfect party by exploring Disney Side activities and recipes. Make the party unique by incorporating some of your family’s most beloved Disney traditions. Disney Parks might be the happiest place on Earth, but your living room might be a close second when you’re done; don’t forget to whistle while you work!
- Enjoy your party! Make sure you trade in your hostess hat for your favorite pair of Mickey ears and join your guests in showing off your Disney Side.
- Share, share, share! Share your Disney Side photos and videos on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, using the hashtag #DisneySide.
You might even see someone familiar…It really was an honor being asked to create a video for the Celebrations site last year!
I hope that you’ve enjoyed reading about the ins and outs of how you get to host a #DisneySide @Home Celebration, and if you didn’t I promise that the next fun will have more Shelley fun as I talk about one of the new snacks I am making for the party!Follow us for more updates: