Roller coaster enthusiasts will soon have new thrills to experience at the Universal Orlando Resort.
Inside of Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park work is well underway on the Jurassic World VelociCoaster, which will be Florida’s fastest and tallest launch coaster when it debuts in 2021.
The Universal Creative team in partnership with acclaimed filmmakers from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment has created a new species of roller coaster that will be highly themed and will take guests through a series of intense maneuvers that will send them catapulting at high speeds while they are suspended high above the ground with the swiftest of prehistoric predators.
Also when the Jurassic World VelociCoaster opens, it will be the world’s first coaster based on the blockbuster franchise and will feature an original story that expands upon the thrills, dinosaurs, and environments fans have seen on the big screen.
Before the thrills begin, riders will find themselves alongside the original cast of the films, Chris Pratt as Owen Grady, Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing, and BD Wong as Dr. Henry Wu.
The story takes place inside of Jurassic World as they are unveiling the next evolution of their “carnivore expansion” called the VelociCoaster where guests will embark on a high-speed chase and feel the rush of the hunt while racing alongside a nimble Velociraptor pack.
The Jurassic World VelociCoaster will raise the bar in extreme roller coaster design as it will span more than 4,700 feet of track and reach heights of up to 155 feet that will include signature maneuvers that will have guests twisting and soaring above land, barrel rolling just inches above the water, speeding through near-misses, launches within the paddock, and more…with just a lap restraint holding them in place.
Here are the Jurassic World VelociCoaster thrills by the numbers:
- Accelerate through two pulse-pounding launches, the fastest reaching 70 mph in 2.4 seconds
- Encounter a one-of-a-kind, 360-degree barrel roll right above the Islands of Adventure lagoon
- Experience a zero-gravity inverted stall that will send riders upside down across 100 feet of track in a jaw-dropping maneuver that is the first of its kind
- Go airborne during the towering “Top Hat,” which propels riders 155 feet in the air and then immediately into an 80 degree drop – Universal’s steepest drop yet
- Brace for a total of 12 heart-pounding seconds of airtime – the thrilling sensation of weightlessness riders feel when they’re lifted from their seats – throughout the entire adventure
The Jurassic World VelociCoaster will be the next addition of thrills inside the Jurassic Park land at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Inside of this immersive land, visitors can already come face-to-face with life-size dinosaurs on the Jurassic Park River Adventure, test their bravery as they get up-close to Velociraptor Blue during the Raptor Encounter, find out more about the newest additions to the paddock – baby raptors, and satisfy their cravings with all-new delectable food items inspired by Isla Nublar.Follow us for more updates: