Universal Orlando Resort Releases First-Ever Look At Magical Creatures That Await In Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure During Week-Long Reveal
The epic new addition to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens June 13
Starting today through April 19th, the Universal Orlando Resort is giving guests a first-ever look at the magical creatures they’ll encounter inside the most highly themed, immersive coaster experience yet – Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure when it opens on June 13th at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
The epic new addition to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be an immersive experience unlike any other, combining a new level of storytelling and innovative coaster technology with elaborate environments – including an actual forest with more than 1,200 live trees – to bring an all-new wizarding world adventure to life. Guests will embark on a journey with Hagrid – one of the most beloved characters in theHarry Potter films – into the Forbidden Forest to discover some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures.
Every day through April 19, guests can visit the Universal Orlando Blog at 11 a.m. EDT to get a first look at the creatures – from familiar fan-favorites in the Harry Potter film series to a creature that’s never been seen in the films – and where they can be found in the new experience.
Here are some Fun Facts that the Universal Orlando Blog shared about Fluffy.
- Fluffy is a giant three-headed dog that’s known for being the trusted guard dog of the Sorcerer’s Stone. And, as many of you know, Fluffy has a weakness – he falls asleep to the sound of music.
- In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Fluffy belongs to Hagrid, who adopted him from a “Greek chappie” he met in a pub
- Experts on Pottermore say Fluffy was inspired by Cerberus – the dog that in Greek mythology guarded the gates of the Underworld – and, just like Fluffy, he fell asleep to the sound of music
- Fluffy made his first and only appearance in the film, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- In Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, you’ll confront this gigantic, beloved creature deep in the Forbidden Forest. Proceed with caution – he’s a guard dog first and foremost. And in this new adventure, Fluffy weighs 8,000 Ibs., which is roughly as big as two standard Muggle cars.
The Universal Orlando Blog also shared a hint about tomorrow’s creature reveal….
Our next creature of the week is a swarm of mischief-makers who love their tricks.
GUYS! I can’t tell you how much I love this idea, and I can’t wait to share the information with you all!
Share this article:
When it opens on June 13, 2019, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventurewill join the lineup of award-winning entertainment experiences in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort and bring an all-new adventure inspired by J.K. Rowling’s beloved stories to life. Guests will join Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class and fly deep into the Forbidden Forest aboard magical motorbikes to brave the mysteries and thrills beyond the grounds of Hogwarts castle. Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will be located in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Follow us for more updates: