laissez les bon temps rouler at the 2021 Mardi Gras Celebration at Universal Studios Florida!
The Universal Orlando Resort is inviting guests to experience Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval featuring a culinary journey to celebrate Carnaval around the world as they enjoy spectacular floats on display, street entertainment, music, beads, and more throughout the theme park daily until March 28, 2021.
1.Food from Around the World
Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval features 70 delectable regional Carnaval sample-sized dishes and beverages from 13 locations around the globe
Here’s are some of the menu highlights from around the park:
- Puerto Rico: Pernil & Mofongo, Picadillo Empanadas, Quesitos, and Pina Verde
- New Orleans: Crawfish Boil, Jambalaya, Beignets, Muffaletta Sandwich, Cajun Twisted & Cajun Sausage Taters, Tropical Storm Punch, and Milk Punch
- Trinidad & Tobago: Pineapple Trini-Chow, Pholourie, and Queen’s Park Swizzle Mint
- Germany: Pork Schnitzel Slider, Bavarian Pretzel, and Vegan Bratwurst with Beer Braised Onions
- Spain: Leche Frita, Paella Mixta, and Charcuterie
- Brazil: Brigadeiros, Moqueca de Camarao, Stuffed Coxinha, and Pineapple or Strawberry Caipirinhas
- Belgium: Belgium Liege Waffles and Brussels Frites with Roasted Garlic Veganaise
- Italy: Cannoli, Arancini, Italian Rainbow Cookie, and Affogato
- Colombia: Carnitas Arepas, Limonada de Coco, and Coco Loco
- Canada: Beef Short Rib Poutine, Sugar Shack, and Springtime Punch
- The Bahamas: Jerk Chicken, Jerk Jackfruit, and Goombay Smash
- France: Poached Pear Creme Brulee Crepe
- Cuba: Cuban Sandwich, Dark Caramel Flan, Plantain Chips, Cuba Libre, and Cuban Coffee
For guests wanting to try several dishes, the Mardi Gras Tasting Lanyard is a great option to savor the flavors while saving money.
2. Spectacular Floats
While the spectacular Mardi Gras parade will not rolling down the streets of Universal Studios Florida, guests will have the first-ever opportunity to get up close to view and take photos with the intricately-detailed Mardi Gras floats stationed throughout the theme park.
3. Surprises All Around the Park
As guests stroll through the vibrant décor of Universal Studios Florida, they can also enjoy a Big Easy bash in the streets with energetic dancers and stilt performers in extraordinary costumes, brass band musicians playing jazz tunes, and of course the opportunity to collect Mardi Gras beads.
4. Explore the Mardi Gras Tribute Store
The Mardi Gras Tribute Store is returning with exclusive in-park merch and photo ops in themed rooms.
This year’s Mardi Gras Tribute Store features:
- A hopping jazz parlor straight out of the 1920s with dueling pianos and bellowing brass
- A flower-filled nautical cemetery, where many sea captains were laid to rest, and
- A waterfront warehouse, where all manner of smuggled treasures and trinkets are stashed
Universal Orlando continues to implement its enhanced health and safety procedures and guidelines focused on “screening, spacing, and sanitization,” and those practices will be applied to all experiences taking place during Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval.
Key measures include screening guests and team members, enforcing social distancing, requiring face coverings, limiting capacity, and increasing the already-aggressive cleaning and disinfection procedures. Guests may remove their face coverings while actively eating or drinking, but must be stationary and maintain appropriate social distancing.
All of the excitement of Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval celebration is included with admission to Universal Studios Florida or with a Seasonal or Annual Pass.