Every week you can hear me share my top weekend picks for things to do in and around the City Beautiful mornings on K92.3 with Obie and Ashley in the morning!
In case you missed it, here’s are my top picks for January 8-10, 2021!
This Weekend Around Orlando
Mecum Auto Auction kicks off at the Osceola Heritage Park!
Mecum Kissimmee, set for January 7-16, is the world’s largest collector-car auction featuring an estimated 3,500 vehicles and thousands of pieces of Road Art collectibles.
Registered bidders from nearly all 50 states and a dozen countries travel to Osceola Heritage Park annually to participate in the renowned auction event, portions of which are televised live on NBC Sports Network.
Tickets are required and there are health & safety protocols in place.
This Weekend in the Theme Parks
The Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Arts kicks off this weekend at Walt Disney World!
Starting January 8, 2021, the Walt Disney World Resort will welcome the Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Arts daily until February 22, 2021.
While this year’s global celebration of the visual, culinary, and performing arts may look a little different, guests will still be able to enjoy a wide selection of activities for the entire family that is included in their admission to the park.
Celebrate the winter harvest at your local farm by picking your own farm fresh strawberries at the first strawberry season at Southern Hill Farms in Clermont.
Tickets and/or reservations are not required, and you can visit the farm anytime that they are open.
Quantities cannot be guaranteed and strawberry picking is first come, first served with $4/lb u-pick strawberries.
While you are on the farm make sure you check out their bakery for their new strawberry donuts, blueberry cobbler, blueberry muffins, and other seasonal treats.
Please keep in mind that:
- There are no additional crops or activities available at this time.
- Face masks are required for all guests over the age of 3 while under covered barns, standing in lines, and when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- No animals of any kind allowed on the farm during the strawberry u-pick due to state and federal food safety regulations.
- No outside alcohol, coolers, and catered meals are allowed.
- Schofield Road is a Lake County clay road.
- Southern Hill Farms is a working farm, you will be parking and walking in grass and unpaved areas.
- All events are subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather and crop availability.
- Always check their website on the day of your planned visit for final event details.
- Please arrive prepared.
Hours and directions:
16651 Schofield Road, Clermont, FL 34714. from 11 am to 4 pm.
Gatorland has brought its most popular Florida Resident Special back from extinction. Not seen since 2014, Florida Residents can visit the Alligator Capital of the World for just $9.99 for single-day admission, now through January 31st. Tickets must be purchased at the admission’s gate with a valid Florida ID. This rare discount won’t be around long.
Florida residents will enjoy their favorite rides, shows, and exhibits such as the Alligator Breeding Marsh, White Gator Swamp, Petting Zoo, Bird Aviary, Jungle Crocs of the World, the Alligators – Legends of the Swamp and Up Close Encounters shows, and of course, Social Distancing Skunk Ape. Guests won’t want to miss Gatorland’s newest residents, Ben and Jerry, the Capybaras.Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: