The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts is calling all artists from 6 to 19 for some serious fun this summer learning from the pros that culminate with a final performance to show those new skills.
To ensure the safety of students and colleagues, they are taking guidance from the governor’s “Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step” plan, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as local governments and AdventHealth.
JULY SUMMER CAMP OFFERINGS
Musical Theater Week – Safari Adventure (Ages 6-10)
- In-Person Camp: July 6–10, 2020
- Through theatrical performance combining songs, spoken dialogue, acting and dance, students learn to tell thrilling stories of adventure.
Take It From The Top – Broadway Week (Ages 10-19)
- In-Person Camp: July 6–November 25, 2020
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be taught by some of Broadway’s most experienced pros.
Theater Arts Week (Ages: 6-10)
- In-Person Camp: July 13–17, 2020
- In a nurturing, supportive environment, students learn the art of play and explore improvisation, drama, theater games and script.
Les Misérables Musical Theater Production (Ages 12-19)
- In-Person Camp: July 18–July 31, 2020
- Join the cast and present a concert-style production of the classic, award-winning musical Les Misérables.
Fairy Tale Classics Week (Ages 6-10)
- In-Person Camp: July 20–24, 2020
- Beloved stories and characters from the most popular tales ever told are brought to life through song and dance.
Ultimate Musical Adventure Week (Ages 6-10)
- In-Person Camp: July 27–31, 2020
- A delightful educational excursion into the most thrilling musical moments from Shrek, Peter Pan, Aladdin, and more.
AUGUST SUMMER CAMP OFFERINGS
Surf’s Up! Fun in the Sun Week (Ages 6-12)
- In-Person Camp: August 3–7, 2020
- Hit the waves and get a boost for acting, singing and dancing skills during a surf-themed week of high-energy online classes and activities.