If you are a serious foodie, you won’t want to miss the chance to attend the James Beard Award Celebrity Chef Dinner on Saturday, December 9, 2017, at 6:30 pm hosted by the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Paula DaSilva, chef de cuisine at Burlock Coast at The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale, and of Hell’s Kitchen fame. DaSilva was a Best Chefs in America semi-finalist in the 2012 James Beard Awards.
- Kathleen Blake, chef/owner from The Rusty Spoon in Orlando. Blake is a 2013 and 2015 James Beard Award Nominee in the Best Chef of the South, a 2013 Best Chefs in America – Southern Region, and was nominated for both Golden Whisk and Community Service Awards by Women Chefs & Restauranteurs.
- Dean Max, chef/owner of DJM Restaurants, a collection of seven restaurants in the US and Caribbean. Max was a semi-finalist for the Best Chefs in America in the 2011, 2010 and 2009 James Beard Awards.
- James Boyce, chef/owner of Cotton Row in Huntsville, Alabama. Boyce has a 2002 James Beard Award nomination for “Best Chefs of the Southwest” and is a two-time Mobil Five Star Award recipient.
The six-course James Beard Award Celebrity Chef Dinner dinner menu includes:
Course 1, presented by Chef Fabrizio Schenardi
- Appetisers: crudo and oyster station, house-curend lonza and capicolla, Italian and Spanish cheeses, pickled vegetables
- Passed butternut squash tarts with sage, speck, jalapenos and caciocavallo cheese
- Ficattole with spinach, artichokes, lamb meatballs and mint garlic oil
Course 2, presented by Chef Dean Max:
- Charred octopus with ‘nduja, clam and pepper broth
Course 3, presented by Chef Kathleen Blake:
- Chestnut cavatelli with roasted beets, bitter greens and turtle creek goat cheese
Course 4, presented by Chef Paula DaSilva:
- Roasted open blue cobia, crispy yucca, moqueca-style stew
Course 5, presented by Chef James Boyce:
- Cider braised Snake River Farms wagyu beef short ribs, white truffle pollard grits, black trumpet mushrooms and sauce bordelaise
Course 6, presented by Chef Rabii Saber:
- Nougat glace, with chestnut, fruits of the forest, Valrhona Bahibe 46 percent milk chocolate
This phenomenal dinner experience, including with wine pairings, is available for $235 per person (includes tax and gratuity). Tickets must be purchased in advance using this link.
Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: