Looking to make your Valentines Day (or even Galentine’s Day) special? Chocolate covered strawberries are easy to make and are absolutely delicious.
Creating On the Go: Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Strawberries- Bigger strawberries tend to work better
Chocolate- any kind; milk, dark, or white (I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers and white chocolate)
Chocolate warmer- or anything you can use to melt the chocolate in.
1. Place parchment paper on your cookie sheet.
2. Wash strawberries and dry them with a food safe paper towel. Line them up on your cookie sheet. Don’t skip the drying process because your chocolate will slide right off your strawberry if it is still wet and you will also mess with the consistency of the chocolate.
3. Melt your chocolate per the instructions on the package. Since I have a chocolate warmer I used the ceramic dish to microwave the chocolate first and then set it back into the warmer to keep the consistency.
4. Grab a strawberry by the leaves and dip it fully into the chocolate, shaking off any excess chocolate to avoid a puddle of chocolate on the cookie sheet.
Then lay it on the sheet to dry. Continue till all strawberries are covered.
5. Time to drizzle! You can drizzle your strawberries in whatever chocolate you want. I decided to do half in the dark chocolate and the other half in white chocolate. Take your spoon and grab some chocolate with it.
The trick to this, I have found, is to keep the spoon straight up, no angles, as you drizzle the chocolate over the strawberry.
Return to cookie sheet to dry.
You can also sprinkle red or pink sugar over the drizzle for some added color. This works best with the white chocolate.
6. Refrigerate till you’re ready to enjoy!
Helpful hint: Do these the day of or the night before so they are as fresh as possible.
Happy Valentines Day!Follow us for more updates: