Every year as part of my New Years Resolutions I sneak in a crafting goal, and usually I end up Disney Crafting.
Disney CraftingDizz-nee ˈkraftiNG/
- the activity or hobby of making decorative articles by hand that are influenced by a Disney obsession
My 2014 crafting resolution was to create a wreath I would be proud of, and I actually created two great wreaths I was super proud to hang on my door! I learned to make a balloon wreath complete with Hidden Mickeys for my #DisneySide @ Home party and a Deco-mesh wreath for my front door.
This year I wanted to step it up a notch, because as a classic over achiever what else would I do?
When I was younger, my Best Friend Denise had a Christmas Tree that was filled with felt ornaments that were made by her Mother. I loved these ornaments, and as a High School graduation present she gave me a turtle ornament that she had made for me to remember my adopted family while I was away at college.
That felt turtle is one of my most prized possessions, and every year when I look at our Christmas Tree I wish that I actually had taken the time to create my own ornaments.
Well, this year my Disney Crafting resolution is to create an entire tree inspired by It’s a Small World and the art of Mary Blair.
My goals are EXTREMELY lofty for this project…
* Tree Topper based on the clock face on the It’s a Small World Facade
* 50 unique felt ornaments based on the children and animals in the It’s a Small World Attraction (I want to hide a Hidden Mickey in each one)
* Painted Ornaments inspired by Mary Blair’s smallest details
* Felt Chain for the tree as garland
* Pom Poms strung together as another garland for the tree
* Tree Skirt to match the It’s a Small World Theme
Here are some of my doodles for the project.
I am going to give updates and tutorials all this year on my progress, and I would love for you to join me on my Disney Crafting Journey as well as share some of your own Disney Crafts!
If you would like to share your Disney Crafts, drop me a line email@example.com!!!
Follow us for more updates: