D23: The Official Disney Fan Club Celebrates 23 Issues of Disney Twenty-Three With An Around-The-World Adventure
Readers will journey to France to experience Ratatouille: The Adventure, Japan for a Special Treasures of The Walt Disney Archives Exhibition, and San Fransokyo to explore the new universe of Big Hero 6
D23.com sits down for exclusive interviews with Marvel icon Stan Lee and the creators ofOnce Upon a Time.
To celebrate 23 issues of its collectible publication, Disney twenty-three, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club circles the planet to experience Disney’s worlds from Europe, South America, and Asia to the fantastical fictional realms of San Fransokyo and Once Upon a Time’s Enchanted Forest. The cover of the issue features a spectacular photo mosaic with a classic image of Walt and Roy O. Disney with Margie Gay of the Alice Comedies shorts series, courtesy of images of D23 Members from around the globe.
Disney twenty-three’s Fall issue, available exclusively to Gold Members of D23, starts the journey with a visit to France for an in-depth look at how the creative team at Walt Disney Imagineering brought the spectacular world of Ratatouille to life at Disneyland Paris for Ratatouille: The Adventure. Then it’s off to Japan where Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives is touring the country with a dazzling exhibit featuring more than 70 props, costumes, images, and artifacts. In “It’s A Disney World After All,” D23 goes on a non-stop tour from Latin America to the Middle East to look at Disney’s indelible mark on the rich cultures of many nations. And, in true Disney fashion, we visit the stunning and sleek fictional city of San Fransokyo for a look at spectacular concept art that inspired the upcoming Walt Disney Feature Animation release Big Hero 6.
Also included in the Fall issue of Disney twenty-three:
- A rich look into Marvel’s remarkable 75-year history, including a season two preview of the ABC hit Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- A chilling glimpse at Once Upon a Time’s upcoming Frozen-themed season with the series’ creators
- A dive into the Walt Disney Archives to view rarely seen concept art from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year
- A journey back in time to celebrate 89 amazing Disney milestones from 1989
- Regular columns including A Walk with Walt, D Society, Ask Dave, and our final edition of PHOTOfiles
All D23 Members are invited to visit www.D23.com for additional members-only content, including an in-depth video interview with Stan Lee who sits down to talk about Marvel’s 75-year legacy.
Other features coming to D23.com include:
- A soaring look at Academy Award®-winning composer Michael Giacchino, who used his initial score as inspiration for the soundtrack to Ratatouille: The Adventure
- More scoop on what’s to come this season on Once Upon a Time
- An extended gallery of concept art from the development of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold Members as a benefit of their membership. The publication will begin arriving mid-August.
The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his fledgling studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s 90-plus-year history. D23 gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.
Fans can join D23 at Gold, Silver, and Free Membership levels at D23.com and at DisneyStore.com/D23. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: