Last November RAW came to the Amway Center, we took Zoe to her first WWE RAW and I shared my Pick Six: Taking Kids to a live WWE Event so this time around I want to focus more on tips for the whole family!
1. Getting to know the Amway Center
We are so lucky to have the Amway Center in Orlando, and their site is full of great information!
Here are some items that are really helpful to know!
- You can find a detailed listing of their bars and restaurants here.
- Their Accessibility Guide is SUPER helpful!
- The Amway Center offers guests reserved/pre-paid parking in the GEICO Garage (400 West South St.) and Church Street Garage (150 South Hughey Avenue), adjacent to the Amway Center. Reserved/pre-paid parking can be purchased through ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster charge-by-phone 800-745-3000 and/or the Amway Center Box Office during regular box office hours. Purchases must be made by 5 pm, the day prior to the event.
- Find additional reserved/pre-paid parking for the new Amway Center on our Downtown Orlando interactive maps or our new iPhone and Android apps on the City of Orlando website. Also find event road closures and how to pre-pay for parking.
- Door opening times for the Amway Center vary according to each event. Guests may enter the arena one hour prior to the start time of each event, unless otherwise specifically noted. Guests may check door times in advance by calling 407.440.7900.
- The show reserves the right to approve camera use at any time during and/or before the event and to prohibit the use of any camera that is deemed unacceptable. Cameras with a detachable lens, iPads and the use of flash photography are prohibited at all Amway Center events. Check amwaycenter.com or call the administration office at 407.440.7000 prior to the event for any camera policy updates. Camera policy is subject to change at any time at the show’s discretion.
- The Amway Center is incredibly active on Social Media, so make sure that you give them a follow on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! They share great behind the scenes pictures, information, and host giveaways of their own!
- There is even an Amway Center App!
- You can even take a Virtual Tour of the Amway Center!
2. Where to sit
Do you want to be close to the action? Do you want to be close to the concourse in case you need to be close to restrooms and concessions? Is your sole focus budget? Are you looking for a unique experience?
There is a seating option for every need and price point at the Amway Center for WWE SmackDown, and it is good to do a bit of homework to know where you want to sit and how much you want to spend on tickets.
Tickets for WWE SmackDown at the Amway Center are $15-$95 and are subject to applicable taxes, service, handling, and facility fee charges.
You can find more ticket information here.
3. WWE SmackDown Talent
It is important to remember that the WWE SmackDown line-up is subject to change and there will be surprises!
But here is some of the WWE Superstars that are schedule to be at WWE SmackDown at the Amway Center on July 22, 2014.
- Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family
- Dean Ambrose
- Seth Rollins
- Roman Reigns
4. Budget for the night
The one thing that always catches us off guard when we attend things like this (or the circus) is how much we spend on extras like food and t-shirts at events!
To combat our food costs at events is to eat as closely as we can to the beginning of the event! WWE SmackDown at the Amway Center starts at 7:00 pm, so we will definitely be eating an early dinner!
We knew going in that we would all want a t-shirt to show our support for our favorite wrestler, so to get an idea of how much we would be spending we visited the WWE Shop online.
5. To sign or not to sign that is the question…
We have never brought a sign to a WWE event, however plenty of people do!
Just make sure that you are considerate if you do decide to bring a sign! You don’t want to block people’s view!
Also, know that your sign will be looked at upon arrival at the Amway Center to make sure that it is appropriate.
6. Fun WWE Extras
Before you get to the venue for your live WWE event, make sure you keep watch for things going on around the venue and an eye on the WWE Social Media Accounts (Twitter, Facebook, & Tout) for fun extras that will be going on before the event!
Also, make sure you download the WWE App on your phone for some fun extras during WWE SmackDown, too!
And now for the fun part…We are giving away a Four (4) pack of tickets to see WWE Smackdown at the Amway Center on July 22, 2014!
Contest is open to Residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years and older. We will be giving away one (1) prize pack of Four (4) Tickets to see WWE SmackDown at the Amway Center July 22, 2014. Void where prohibited by law. We use Rafflecopter to choose one lucky winner at random, and each & every contest entry will be verified. The winner of our contest will be contacted by email (so be sure to double check your entry) and will have 48 hours to respond to the email or a new winner will be chosen. The winner will be responsible for picking up their tickets on the day of the show at the Amway Center’s Will Call with a valid photo ID. Parking at the Amway Center is not included in this contest. Good luck!