Follow us for more updates:
SEAWORLD’S 50TH CELEBRATION WILL BE A SEA OF SURPRISES
Eighteen-month celebration kicks off on March 21, 2014 at all three SeaWorld parks
Orlando, Fla. (June 11, 2013) – SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™ announces a multi-park celebration to commemorate a key event in the company’s history. The original SeaWorld® park opened its gates for the first time in March 1964 on Mission Bay in San Diego.
SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration will feature a Sea of Surprises™ starting March 21, 2014. SeaWorld parks in San Diego, Orlando and San Antonio will share the excitement throughout an 18-month celebration that highlights some of the most memorable SeaWorld experiences.
For nearly five decades, SeaWorld has surprised and amazed guests with unique entertainment, thrilling rides and up-close encounters with marine animals. During SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration visitors will be invited to take part in the celebration through new interactive experiences, shows and pathway performances, even more up-close animal encounters throughout the park and the SeaWorld “Surprise Squad” treating guests with prizes every day.
Just a few weeks ago, SeaWorld Orlando opened Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin™, an all-new realm that combines 30-degree temperatures, upclose encounters with more than 250 penguins and an all-family adventure ride to create the coldest theme park attraction in Orlando and a thrilling, chilling experience of a lifetime.
SeaWorld Orlando will continue to make news later this year when the park announces what’s new for 2014. Details will be shared this fall.
SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration Sea of Surprises™ Highlights
- SeaWorld San Diego will celebrate 50 years with a new interactive entrance plaza. The area will be called Explorer’s Reef™ and will open in March for the celebration kick-off. The 16-month construction project will transform the existing front gate area through sculptural and design elements inspired by waves crashing over a reef, as well as up-close encounters with marine life. The new front gate concept will replace existing ticket booths with a beach-themed, concierge-style ticketing area that will provide guests with a single location to purchase admission, as well as sign up for tours, animal interactions and dining experiences.
From the moment they enter the park, guests can connect with the sea through multiple touch pools featuring shark pups, stingrays and cleaner fish. Explorer’s Reef encompasses more than three acres, including new and innovative retail and culinary opportunities for guests. The multi-million dollar renovation effort will not only make entering the park faster and more efficient, but will significantly enhance the arrival experience.
- As part of SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration, there will be more surprise encounters with animal ambassadors throughout the day. A pair of Magellanic penguins, a lemur, or even a parade of flamingos could surprise guests at any moment at all three SeaWorld locations.
- What’s a celebration without surprises? The SeaWorld “Surprise Squad” will roam the SeaWorld parks giving away prizes and special gifts. Guests could receive exclusive access to rides or behind-the-scenes experiences, celebration t-shirts or Shamu-themed merchandise, reserved show seating and more.
- SeaWorld is known for amazing animal shows and each park will have something new for the 50th celebration. Even park pathways will come to life with spontaneous entertainment at unexpected moments, including performers with sea-inspired costumes and props, a bubble brigade and splash mob.
- To underscore SeaWorld’s commitment to the environment and passion for protecting the ocean, a series of giant sea life sculptures will be displayed throughout the parks. SeaWorld commissioned environmental art group Washed Ashore for the large-scale art created from ocean debris. The works serve as a reminder that our animal friends need healthy environments.
- As part of its continuing commitment to new technology that enhances the guest experience, SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration will include new ways for fans to connect to the parks and each other though digital devices. The parks will be launching a variety of enhancements, from interactive apps that provide fun new ways to experience the park to new games and video content.
For more information and continuing news about SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration and the Sea of Surprises, visitwww.seaworld.com/celebration.
This morning Busch Gardens Tampa Bay announced their newest thrill ride to be joining the pantheon of great attractions in Spring of 2014.
From the Busch Gardens website:
Introducing Falcon’s Fury, Busch Gardens® Tampa’s newest thrill ride that lets you soar and dive like a magnificent bird of prey.
You’ll climb nearly 300 feet to an incredible view of the terrain beneath you, then pivot 90 degrees in midair to a daring dive position, eyes fixed on the ground far below. An instant later, you’ll plunge at 60mph straight down to where you started, with speed, power and adrenaline like you’ve never experienced before.
Take to the skies with Falcon’s Fury – only at Busch Gardens. Rising Spring 2014.
Follow us for more updates:
TRANSFORMERS: The Ride–3D is set to have it’s grand opening on June 20, 2013, but the attraction is currently in technical rehearsals right now meaning that it will not be scheduled to open and can be closed at any time.
The N.E.S.T. building is impressive, especially now that Optimus Prime adorns the entrance rooftop above the attraction entrance.
The wait when I got to the attraction was 90 minutes, and the single rider line was being used sparingly. On our ride we were directed to use the Express Pass queue line.
Right before it’s your time to protect the AllSpark, N.E.S.T. agents are debriefing guests about their ride vehicle, EVAC.
Once you’re inside of EVAC, the ride vehicle, you know that this is going to be a really great attraction.
The attraction is very similar in feel to The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, because it uses the same ride vehicle and 3D glasses technology.
The graphics are well done and feel very real, like you are actually a part of the battle.
The story line and ride sequence of TRANSFORMERS: The Ride–3D are fun and intense!
Here is a closer look at EVAC, the newest transformer, is protecting the AllSpark from Megatron, so you are always being chased by him and the Decepticons. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and other autobots help out you and EVAC along the way to help defeat the Decepticons.
TRANSFORMERS: The Ride–3D was really entertaining, and I cannot wait to ride it again! But since it is a new attraction, you will want to be prepared for a long wait especially if you are visiting before it officially opens.