SEAWORLD DEBUTS SEA OF SURPRISES FLOAT IN 125TH ROSE PARADE
Follow us for more updates:
Follow us for more updates:
Sculptures of sea turtles, penguins and fish among the amazing sea creatures
featured aboard new 32 foot-long float
For almost five decades, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has surprised and amazed guests with unique entertainment, thrilling rides, and up-close encounters with amazing sea life. Millions have been inspired through the power of entertainment, to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world. This Thanksgiving the beauty and majesty of the sea will come to life on the streets of New York as SeaWorld’s “A Sea of Surprises” float debuts in the 87th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade®.
“The magicians of Macy’s Parade Studio have outdone themselves yet again with the awe-inspiring and entertaining design of the new SeaWorld float,” said Amy Kule, executive producer of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. “With its diverse and majestic depictions of sea creatures transformed into larger-than-life form, the ‘A Sea of Surprises’ float is sure to inspire millions of children and adults to learn more about, appreciate and enjoy all forms of aquatic life.”
From sea turtles, penguins and angel fish to sharks and breaching whales, amazing sea sculptures abound on the new float. Featuring rolling ocean waves, the gentle movement of swaying kelp and a vibrant school of tropical fish, the scene will take spectators on an extraordinary undersea journey. Taking center stage on the “A Sea of Surprises” float is the iconic Shamu, breaching 27-feet above the millions of Parade spectators lining the streets of Manhattan.
“We are thrilled to debut our SeaWorld “A Sea of Surprises” float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade as a tribute to SeaWorld’s 50th celebration,” said Jim Atchison, President and CEO of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. “Next year the parks will commemorate this milestone with a year-long celebration at the three SeaWorld parks in San Diego, Orlando and San Antonio. We hope this festive float represents the fun, inspiration and surprises that guests will find during a visit to SeaWorld.”
Beginning next March, SeaWorld celebrates its 50th-year with a sea of surprises at all three parks that includes new interactive experiences and shows, even more up-close animal encounters throughout the park and the SeaWorld “Surprise Squad” treating guests with prizes and special experiences every day. For more information, visit www.SeaWorld.com/Celebration.
The 87th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade airs nationwide on NBC-TV, on Thursday,November 28th from 9am-12pm, in all time zones.
About the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade:
With more than 50 million viewers across the country and more than 3.5 million spectators that line up along the streets of New York City each year, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is a national icon that has grown into a world-famous holiday event. For more than 80 years, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade has marked the official start of the holiday season. Growing in size and scale, the Parade proudly marches down a more than 2-mile route in New York City with more than 8,000 participants in tow including Macy’s employees, their families, celebrities, athletes, clowns and dance groups spreading holiday cheer. The Parade also features America’s best marching bands, fabulous floats and Macy’s signature giant helium character balloons. For more information on the Macy’s Parade please visit www.macys.com/parade or call the Parade hotline at (212) 494-4495.
SeaWorld is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. It operates one of the world’s most respected programs to rescue and rehabilitate ocean marine animals that are ill, injured and orphaned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 22,000 animals in need over the last four decades. The SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund has granted more than $9 million to wildlife research and conservation projects that protect wildlife and wild places. The Fund commits 100% of donations to on-the-ground wildlife conservation efforts. Learn more at www.SeaWorld.com
About SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™:
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™ is a leading theme park and entertainment company delivering personal, interactive and educational experiences that blend imagination with nature and enable its customers to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world we share. The Company owns or licenses a portfolio of globally recognized brands including SeaWorld®, Shamu® and Busch Gardens®. Over its more than 50 year history, the Company has built a diversified portfolio of 11 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind collection of approximately 67,000 marine and terrestrial animals. The Company’s theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests. In addition to its theme parks, the company has recently begun to leverage its brands into media, entertainment and consumer products. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc., a publicly traded company (NYSE: SEAS). Copies of this and other news releases as well as additional information about SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. can be obtained online at www.seaworldentertainment.com. Shareholders and prospective investors can also register to automatically receive the Company’s press releases, SEC filings and other notices by e-mail.Follow us for more updates:
Follow us for more updates:
SEAWORLD’S 50TH CELEBRATION WILL BE A SEA OF SURPRISES
Eighteen-month celebration kicks off on March 21, 2014 at all three SeaWorld parks
Orlando, Fla. (June 11, 2013) – SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™ announces a multi-park celebration to commemorate a key event in the company’s history. The original SeaWorld® park opened its gates for the first time in March 1964 on Mission Bay in San Diego.
SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration will feature a Sea of Surprises™ starting March 21, 2014. SeaWorld parks in San Diego, Orlando and San Antonio will share the excitement throughout an 18-month celebration that highlights some of the most memorable SeaWorld experiences.
For nearly five decades, SeaWorld has surprised and amazed guests with unique entertainment, thrilling rides and up-close encounters with marine animals. During SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration visitors will be invited to take part in the celebration through new interactive experiences, shows and pathway performances, even more up-close animal encounters throughout the park and the SeaWorld “Surprise Squad” treating guests with prizes every day.
Just a few weeks ago, SeaWorld Orlando opened Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin™, an all-new realm that combines 30-degree temperatures, upclose encounters with more than 250 penguins and an all-family adventure ride to create the coldest theme park attraction in Orlando and a thrilling, chilling experience of a lifetime.
SeaWorld Orlando will continue to make news later this year when the park announces what’s new for 2014. Details will be shared this fall.
SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration Sea of Surprises™ Highlights
- SeaWorld San Diego will celebrate 50 years with a new interactive entrance plaza. The area will be called Explorer’s Reef™ and will open in March for the celebration kick-off. The 16-month construction project will transform the existing front gate area through sculptural and design elements inspired by waves crashing over a reef, as well as up-close encounters with marine life. The new front gate concept will replace existing ticket booths with a beach-themed, concierge-style ticketing area that will provide guests with a single location to purchase admission, as well as sign up for tours, animal interactions and dining experiences.
From the moment they enter the park, guests can connect with the sea through multiple touch pools featuring shark pups, stingrays and cleaner fish. Explorer’s Reef encompasses more than three acres, including new and innovative retail and culinary opportunities for guests. The multi-million dollar renovation effort will not only make entering the park faster and more efficient, but will significantly enhance the arrival experience.
- As part of SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration, there will be more surprise encounters with animal ambassadors throughout the day. A pair of Magellanic penguins, a lemur, or even a parade of flamingos could surprise guests at any moment at all three SeaWorld locations.
- What’s a celebration without surprises? The SeaWorld “Surprise Squad” will roam the SeaWorld parks giving away prizes and special gifts. Guests could receive exclusive access to rides or behind-the-scenes experiences, celebration t-shirts or Shamu-themed merchandise, reserved show seating and more.
- SeaWorld is known for amazing animal shows and each park will have something new for the 50th celebration. Even park pathways will come to life with spontaneous entertainment at unexpected moments, including performers with sea-inspired costumes and props, a bubble brigade and splash mob.
- To underscore SeaWorld’s commitment to the environment and passion for protecting the ocean, a series of giant sea life sculptures will be displayed throughout the parks. SeaWorld commissioned environmental art group Washed Ashore for the large-scale art created from ocean debris. The works serve as a reminder that our animal friends need healthy environments.
- As part of its continuing commitment to new technology that enhances the guest experience, SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration will include new ways for fans to connect to the parks and each other though digital devices. The parks will be launching a variety of enhancements, from interactive apps that provide fun new ways to experience the park to new games and video content.
For more information and continuing news about SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration and the Sea of Surprises, visitwww.seaworld.com/celebration.