The holidays are epic at the Universal Orlando Resort as they fill 51 days and nights with bigger and louder holiday traditions and characters from November 13, 2021, through January 2, 2022.
Guests can once again experience nonstop holiday cheer as they join the celebration of Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, meet the maven of mischief himself, The Grinch, during Grinchmas, and experience the larger-than-life return of Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s.
The best holiday gift of all? It’s all included with theme park admission.
Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
Slow down and stroll along the streets of Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, and London, which have been beautifully adorned with themed decorations, garlands, and lights as the sounds of special holiday-themed performances fill the air.
Hot Butterbeer tastes better when the Frog Choir, comprised of Hogwarts students and their giant croaking frogs, sings Christmas favorites. And guests won’t want to miss the enchanting Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees performing their unique holiday hits.
Be sure to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure after the sun goes down to enjoy “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle.”
During the show, guests will watch in awe as Hogwarts castle comes alive with the holiday spirit as spectacular projections animate familiar Christmas moments inspired by beloved Harry Potter films.
Grinchmas at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
“Maybe Christmas (he thought) doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.” – The Grinch
Once again, the maven of mischief will take to the stage in the fan-favorite “Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular” – a hilarious live retelling of Dr. Seuss’s holiday classic “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” starring The Grinch with special appearances by the merry Whos from Who-ville.
The celebrations spill out into Seuss Landing, which is completely transformed into a holiday wonderland bursting at the seams with yuletide décor, including oversized candy canes, Christmas trees, wreaths, and beautiful tinsel ornamenting the land.
Watch out for the resident Whos scurrying in the land as they spread Who-liday joy!
Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s at Universal Studios Florida
The Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s returns to the streets of Universal Studios Florida with more than 30 larger-than-life balloons taking flight and friends from the Minions, Illumination’s Despicable Me, DreamWorks Animation’s Shrek, and Madagascar festively frolic alongside beautifully decorated floats and hundreds of festive performers.
Try to find a spot near the 80-foot tall Christmas Tree for a spectacular finale led by the one and only Santa Claus.
Holiday Tribute Store
The Holiday Tribute Store in Universal Studios Florida is a highly themed winter wonderland filled with holiday gifts and a menu of seasonal items sure to make you cheerful.
This is also the ideal location to purchase a Holiday Tree Hunt to find 15 brilliantly designed trees and collect an exclusive Holiday Tree Hunt ornament to commemorate the experience.
Mannheim Steamroller Takes the Stage
Mannheim Steamroller, the best-selling holiday artist of all time, returns to Universal Studios Florida to fill the air with the sounds of the season as they rock the Music Plaza Stage with live performances on December 4, 5, 11, and 12, 2021.
Universal Orlando Holiday Tour
Guests can take the fun to a new level with the return of its incredibly popular “Universal’s Holiday Tour,” an exclusive guided tour of Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure available on select dates.
During the “Universal’s Holiday Tour,” guests have the opportunity to:
- Meet the mean, green one himself, the Grinch, in Seuss Landing while enjoying a delicious Hot Cocoa Bar
- Experience an after-hours showing of “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle” – a spectacular transformation of Hogwarts castle with a stunning projection of holiday spirit and Christmas moments inspired by beloved Harry Potter films
- Take advantage of a reserved viewing area for Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s – where more than 30 larger-than-life balloons and floats and hundreds of performers take to the streets of Universal Studios, Florida
- Watch the Grinch’s heart grow three sizes during a live retelling of Dr. Seuss’s holiday classic in the “Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular” with reserved seating and, after, join the merry Whos from Who-ville for an exclusive on-stage Q&A session
- Meet and greet with Santa and receive one My Universal Photos digital download
- Receive a Universal’s Holiday Tree Hunt brochure to participate in a merry quest to find 15 holiday trees throughout various merchandise locations within the theme parks and Universal CityWalk
“Universal’s Holiday Tour” pricing starts at $69.99 (plus tax), and separate Park-to-Park admission is required.
‘ Tis the Season for Tasty Treats
Guests can enjoy an incredible selection of new and returning holiday menu items across the destination. Below are just a few of the merry and bright treats available for guests to try this year:
- Nutella Cheesecake Reindeer Pop: This all-new reindeer-themed cheesecake pop is rich with smooth Nutella and garnished with candied hazelnuts – available at Croissant Moon Bakery, located at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- “Red Hot” Holiday Shake: Red Hot candies, crushed peppermint and a Christmas tree snack cake come together to create the newest photo-worthy milkshake at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen in Universal CityWalk
- Voodoo Doughnut: Holidays-themed Voodoo doughnuts will be available throughout the season with new flavors, including a gingerbread cake doughnut, green-glazed holiday gift doughnut and marble cake wreath doughnut
- Hot Chocolate Bomb: Back by popular demand, this epic hot chocolate bomb ornament is full of marshmallows and heartwarming cheer for guests to enjoy at TODAY Cafe, located at Universal Studios Florida. And this year, guests can try a new Grinch-themed hot chocolate bomb – filled with marshmallows and red-candied hearts – at Hop on Pop Ice Cream Shop at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Vegan Brownie: Guests looking for a vegan sweet treat can delight in a classic holiday dessert colorfully decorated with frosting and other spirited embellishments – available in San Francisco at Universal Studios Florida or Croissant Moon Bakery at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Hot Butterbeer: This fan-favorite is now available in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter all year long but is even more perfect to enjoy during the holiday season
Make the Season Even Brighter with a Universal Orlando Hotel Stay
Staying at one of Universal Orlando’s fabulous eight hotels is the best way for guests of all ages to continue the Holidays celebration. Surrounded by festive decorations, guests can partake in special holiday activities and one-of-a-kind events, including Christmas tree and menorah lightings, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s meals, holiday crafts for kids and more. For a full look at this year’s holiday hotel offerings, click here.
For more information about the holidays at the Universal Orlando Resort, visit their official website.