Don’t forget to tune into News 96.5 WDBO this evening to hear me talk about these events and more on Orlando’s Evening News with Tony Marino!!!
The theme parks of Central Florida are always buzzing with excitement and events, and here is everything you can experience this weekend in the parks!
On the Go in the Parks: New this Weekend
“Jungle” Jack Hanna will once again be visiting SeaWorld Orlando for a weekend of wild animal shows, autograph signings, and special meet-and-greets on January 25 and 26.
The internationally-known animal expert will share animal facts and travel tales from his adventures around the world during animal shows at Nautilus Theater that are included with your theme park admission with seating available on a first-come, first-served basis.
1:00p.m. – 1:40p.m.
Wild Animal Live Show with Jack Hanna
3:00p.m. – 3:40p.m.
Wild Animal Live Show with Jack Hanna
Want to meet Jack? All you need to do is arrive at the Nautilus Theater at least 30 minutes before each show time for a special meet-and-greet.
Florida’s biggest Christian Music festival — Universal Orlando’s Rock the Universe — returns on January 24 and 25 for a faith and fun-filled weekend with live music by some of Christian music’s top artists, plus thrilling theme park attractions and entertainment.
Fans will enjoy feature performances by GRAMMY award-winning Christian hip hop recording artist, TobyMac, GRAMMY award-winning contemporary Christian music artist, Chris Tomlin, Dove award-winners, Newsboys, Alternative Rock Band, Switchfoot and more.
An event ticket also provides access to some of Universal Studios Florida’s most entertaining theme park attractions like TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem.
Rock the Universe fans will also enjoy autograph sessions with the genre’s top artists and access to the FanZone presented by Coca-Cola, which features more live performances by up-and-coming acts. And, on Sunday morning, guests can wrap up the weekend with a powerful worship service.
On select weekends in January and February, LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s guests will “become the ninja” with their favorite heroes and villains from the world of NINJAGO as LEGO NINJAGO Days take over the theme park.
The limited-time event will feature ninja-themed activities, new LEGO character meet-and-greets and delicious, kid-friendly treats all at the place #BuiltForKids.
All event activities are included with paid admission or annual pass
- Strike a ninja pose with characters Kai, Nya, Llyod, Master Wu and for the first time ever, Zane and P.I.X.A.L.
- Achieve a state of zen or show off your wacky ninja moves during the “ninjoga” sessions – a yoga class just for kids
- Watch real-life ninjas demonstrate abilities in mastering the elements of Spinjitzu. The Dojo comes to life with kicking, spinning and tumbling in the all-new show, Elemental Masters
- Become one with the rhythmic forces of nature in Earth Beats, a live, ninja-inspired music and drumming show
- Come dressed as your favorite LEGO NINJAGO hero or villain for a chance to win a LEGO prize
- Count every Master Wu hiding among the landmarks of MINILAND USA and drop off an entry form at LEGO Studio Store for a chance to win a LEGO prize pack
- The all-new Ninja Kitchen food truck’s menu features soon-to-be favorites including Super Fancy Spring Rolls with Peking duck, pork bao buns and sweet Asian chicken wings
- Take your taste buds on a tour around the park with delicious treats including kid-themed candy sushi, chocolate fortune cookies, strawberry cheesecake egg rolls, sensei snack mix and ninja nachos
On the Go in the Parks: Returning Favorites
The annual Epcot International Festival of the Arts at the Walt Disney World Resort will fill the park with a celebration of visual, culinary, and performing arts from around the world daily through February 24, 2020.
The Disney on Broadway Concert Series is the highlight of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts as Broadway stars reprise favorite songs from past performances in award-winning shows three times a day on the American Gardens Theatre stage.
Performances are at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM daily, and you will want to arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes before the concert is set to begin.
- Kissy Simmons, Heidi Blickenstaff, Alton Fitzgerald White and Gavin Lee – January 25
- Kara Lindsay and Kevin Massey – January 26