Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Orlando is celebrating 25 years of its family-friendly Mardi Gras festivities with new parade floats, globally inspired cuisine, and live concerts on select nights from February 1 to April 2 at the Universal Studios Florida theme park.
This year’s parade features six new additional floats, and steps-off at 7:45 pm on February 1 and 6 pm on February 2.
On select nights during the event, guests can enjoy performances by some of the biggest names in music on the Universal Music Plaza Stage.
Here is who will be performing in February:
- Saturday, February 1: The Roots
- Saturday, February 8: Karol G
- Saturday, February 15: Bell Biv DeVoe
- Sunday, February 16: Live
- Saturday, February 22: Kool & the Gang
- Saturday, February 29: TLC
Opening daily at 4 pm, the French Quarter Courtyard is where you can find food and spirits available for purchase and performances from Louisiana jazz, blues, and zydeco bands. You can see the Dirty Bourbon River Show will take to the French Quarter Courtyard Stage daily until February 13 and then February 14 – March 5 will feature the Free Agents Brass Band.
All of the excitement of Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras celebration is included with admission to Universal Studios Florida or with a Seasonal or Annual Pass (blockout dates apply).
And until April 2, Florida residents can experience this year’s Mardi Gras celebration and the spring season by saving up to $65 on multi-day tickets and up to $75 on Seasonal and Annual Passes.
Don’t forget that Mardi Gras celebrations at Universal Studios Florida are held rain or shine, so be sure to plan accordingly.
SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival is back for another year to give guests the delicious opportunity to taste their way around the world of international street food traditions. The Seven Seas Food Festival will run from February 7 through May 5 (New – now including Fridays), to give park-goers plenty more chances to sample more than 180 mouthwatering options!
A complete menu of the Seven Seas Food Festival dishes and drinks can be found online here.
In addition to delicious eats, guests visiting SeaWorld’s Seven Seas Food Festival can enjoy world-class entertainment every Saturday and Sunday at Bayside Stadium, all included with theme park admission.
Here is who will be taking the stage in February:
- February 8 – Maddie & Tae
- February 9 – Trace Adkins
- February 15 – To Be Announced
- February 16 – Night Ranger
- February 22 – Walk Off The Earth
- February 23 – Dennis DeYoung; The Music of Styx
- February 29 – Grupo Mania
Concerts are held at Bayside Stadium each Saturday and Sunday at 6:00 p.m. To ensure you get the best seats in the house, guests can purchase reserved seating for select performances. Reserved seating opportunities are available online here.
Walt Disney World
The annual Epcot International Festival of the Arts at the Walt Disney World Resort will fill the park with a celebration of visual, culinary, and performing arts from around the world through February 24, 2020.
The 39 day event features visiting artists, culinary delights, and opportunities for guests to embrace their own inner artists.
Festival event ‘Must Do’s’ include the Disney on Broadway Concert Series, the new Green Landing Family Play Zone, and the Food Studios with dishes that are almost too pretty to eat!
The Disney on Broadway Concert Series is the highlight of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts as Broadway stars reprise favorite songs from past performances in award-winning shows three times a day on the American Gardens Theatre stage.
Performances are at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM daily, and you will want to arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes before the concert is set to begin.
The Disney on Broadway Concert Series this month features:
Kara Lindsay and Kevin Massey
- February 1 through 2
- February 5 through 6
Liana Hunt and Adam Jacobs
- February 7 through 8
Kara Lindsay, Kevin Massey, Liana Hunt, and Adam Jacobs
- February 9
Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland
- February 10
- February 12 through 13
- February 18 through 19
- February 22 through 23
Syndee Winters and Michael James Scott
- February 11
- February 14 through 17
- February 20 through 21
Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Syndee Winters, and Michael James Scott
- February 24
This event is included with park admission, however, you do need to purchase food and some premium experiences.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
January 7-March 15 (weekly; Tuesday-Saturday)
Busch Gardens’ longest running concert series is back with returning favorites and NEW acts! At the climate-controlled Stanleyville Theater, guests can enjoy incredible live performances spanning from the 1950s to today, including the following acts:
- February 1-2: NEW! Piano Men: Sir Elton John and Billy Joel Tribute
- February 4-9: NEW! Classic Stones Live: The World’s Greatest Rock and Roll Tribute Show
- February 11-16: NEW! Simply Queen: The Most Incredible Live Tribute to Queen
- February 18- 23: NEW! Let’s Hang On™: America’s No. 1 Frankie Valli Tribute Show
- February 25- March 1: Eaglemania: The World’s Greatest Eagles Tribute Band
Sesame Street Safari of Fun Kids’ Weekends
Join the Sesame Street krewe for a pirate filled paRrrr-ty! Families can enjoy special character interaction, themed storytime, treasure scavenger hunts, and dance parties for pirate-inspired frivolity.
NEW! Mardi Gras Weekend
This year, guests can let the good times roll with limited-time food, cocktails, entertainment and live music – Mardi Gras style! Follow the fun to the Moroccan Palace Plaza.
Food & Wine Festival
A world of taste awaits at the sixth annual Food & Wine Festival each weekend from February 29-April 26. The festival features new and exciting dishes, plus a large selection of wines, craft brews and cocktails. While enjoying delicious eats, fans can see some of the biggest names in music as they take the stage the Festival Field. All concerts are included with daily ticketed admission to the park.
On select weekends in January and February, LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s guests will “become the ninja” with their favorite heroes and villains from the world of NINJAGO as LEGO NINJAGO Days take over the theme park.
The limited-time event will feature ninja-themed activities, new LEGO character meet-and-greets and delicious, kid-friendly treats all at the place #BuiltForKids.
All event activities are included with paid admission or annual pass
- Strike a ninja pose with characters Kai, Nya, Llyod, Master Wu and for the first time ever, Zane and P.I.X.A.L.
- Achieve a state of zen or show off your wacky ninja moves during the “ninjoga” sessions – a yoga class just for kids
- Watch real-life ninjas demonstrate abilities in mastering the elements of Spinjitzu. The Dojo comes to life with kicking, spinning and tumbling in the all-new show, Elemental Masters
- Become one with the rhythmic forces of nature in Earth Beats, ninja-inspired music and drumming show
- Come dressed as your favorite LEGO NINJAGO hero or villain for a chance to win a LEGO prize
- Count every Master Wu hiding among the landmarks of MINILAND USA and drop off an entry form at LEGO Studio Store for a chance to win a LEGO prize pack
- The all-new Ninja Kitchen food truck’s menu features soon-to-be favorites including Super Fancy Spring Rolls with Peking duck, pork bao buns and sweet Asian chicken wings
- Take your taste buds on a tour around the park with delicious treats including kid-themed candy sushi, chocolate fortune cookies, strawberry cheesecake egg rolls, sensei snack mix, and ninja nachos
You can find more information about theme park news and tips by subscribing to our YouTube Channel and following @onthegoinmco on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: