In the new issue of Disney twenty-three, available exclusively to Gold Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, writer/director Jennifer Lee and stars Kristen Bell (voice of Anna) and Josh Gad (voice of Olaf) share a peek at the incredible journey all of the characters must take to save the kingdom of Arendelle in the new movie.
After the phenomenal success of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen in 2013, the filmmakers knew they had more stories to tell. Why does Elsa have powers? And why doesn’t Anna? These questions—and many more—will be answered when Frozen 2 opens on November 22.
The issue also features a gorgeous wrap-around cover created exclusively for D23.
Also coming to theaters soon is Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the 42-years-in-the-making thrilling climax to the Skywalker saga. Star John Boyega and director J.J. Abrams talk about reaching this cinematic apex to the nine-film saga. Plus, Boyega shares some amusing on-set stories, including what his final on-set meal was with fellow cast members Daisy Ridley and Naomi Ackie (spoiler alert: “burgers and donuts”).
And Toy Story 4’s breakout spork gets his own collection of 10 shorts on Disney+ when Forky Asks a Question debuts this month. The creative team discusses bringing the hysterically frustrating character to the streaming service and reveals some of the big-name comedy stars lending their voices to the show including Carol Burnett, Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner, and Betty White (who play the hilariously named Chairol Burnett, Melephant Brooks, Carl Reinosceros, and Bitey White, respectively).
Also included in the Winter issue of Disney twenty-three:
- The author of One Day at Disney reveals the stories behind some of his favorite interviews in the dazzling new book
- Lea Michele takes a Hawaiian holiday for the new ABC movie Same Time, Next Christmas
- A look at the new Disney+ series The Imagineering Story from award-winning documentarian Leslie Iwerks
- Stars Billy Campbell and Kathy Najimy preview the new animated series The Rocketeer
- The stars and creative team behind Togo—about a man, a dog, and an unbelievable adventure—talk about the real-life inspiration for the new Disney+ film
- Kristen Bell enjoys an Encore!, her delightful unscripted series that reunites the casts of high school musicals for one more unforgettable performance
- Stunning concept art from beloved films celebrating milestone anniversaries, including Cinderella, Fantasia, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- The cast of the new Frozen on Broadway national tour takes a bow
- A peek at all of the incredible Star Wars content and experiences on the way
- Every exciting announcement from D23 Expo 2019
- From the Desk Of: Disney store’s Jonathan Storey
- Regular features including By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving in mid-November.
The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his first studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s 90-plus-year history. It gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.
Fans can join D23 at Gold Membership ($99.99), Gold Family Membership ($129.99), and General Membership (complimentary) levels at D23.com.Follow us for more updates: