Dr. Phillips Center: Hamilton Ticket Update
The EXTREMELY popular Broadway Musical Hamilton is coming to the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts for 24 performances from January 22 – February 10, 2019.
I had the opportunity, as a partner of the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, to find out more about the ticket purchasing process.
Before we get into it let’s go ahead and get this out of the way…
I DO NOT have an on-sale date or pricing for the upcoming run of Hamilton at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. But I CAN tell you that the information is coming soon!
Producer Jeffrey Seller and Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts announce today that single tickets for HAMILTON will go on sale to the public on Friday, November 16 at 9 a.m. (ET).
Guests are encouraged to purchase online at drphillipscenter.org. Tickets also may be purchased in person at the Dr. Phillips Center.
Tickets will be available for performances January 22 – February 10, 2019.
There is a maximum purchase limit of four (4) tickets per person for the engagement.
When tickets go on sale, prices will range from $76.50 to $199.50 with a select number of $429.50 premium seats available for all performances.
Online ticket purchases are subject to handling fees.
There will be a lottery for forty (40) $10 seats for all performances. Details will be announced closer to the engagement.
I am just as anxious as you are for this information thanks to my twelve year old daughter who is asking almost every day!!!
However there are some important tidbits I CAN share about the Hamilton ticket buying process at the Dr. Phillips Center to **hopefully** make the endeavor more successful for you.
Understanding the number of Hamilton tickets that will be available for the show’s run at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
The tickets that will be going on sale for Hamilton are for the seats left over after subscribers have chosen their show, and unfortunately it is too late to become a subscriber for the season.
While we didn’t get any official number of seats available, we were told that the first week of the show’s run is subscriber heavy. So that’s something to definitely keep in mind (more on this in a few paragraphs).
Where to purchase tickets for Hamilton at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
A vast majority (they’re aiming for as close to 100% as possible) of the ticket sales for Hamilton will be online.
Please take note that there will be NO ticket sales over the phone for this show.
You could also queue up outside of the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, but there are no tickets designated for sale at the venue. So if you choose this option, you’ll be waiting in line to walk up to the ticket window already behind everyone who is in the virtual purchasing waiting room. Not your best option.
The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts has instituted a variety of technological checks and balances to help ensure that bots won’t get in & buy all the tickets.
Also, to take things a step further, the facility will be monitoring the process in real time flagging any suspicious sales.
But please be aware of scams!!! You will want to ONLY purchase tickets from drphillipscenter.org to ensure that they are legitimate tickets.
The fine print on Hamilton tickets at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
Here are a few things you’ll definitely want to keep in mind when you are planning your Hamilton ticket purchase:
- Ticket transactions are limited to one per person,
- The ticket limit per purchase is 4 per person, there are no exceptions for larger groups or families,
- There will be no ticket discounts,
- There will be no ticket presales,
- There will be no Student Rush ticket sales,
- Tickets will be mailed to your provided address or sent digitally to your phone with a text message, and
- If you are using Will Call to pick up your tickets you will be required to show a photo ID (such as a Florida Drivers License).
How the process will work for purchasing Hamilton tickets at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
First things first please know that some of the process to purchase tickets for Hamilton at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts is random, so don’t feel like you have to wake up at 3am to log into the online system.
With that in mind, here is an overview of the how the process will go:
- First you will log onto to drphillipscenter.org between 15-30 minutes in advance of the sale’s start time,
- After logging on you will be placed in a Virtual Waiting room, and
- Once the Virtual Waiting room has reached a certain capacity a select number of people will be randomly chosen to be placed into the purchase queue to complete the transaction.
Three things to best position yourself to get Hamilton tickets for the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
- Create an account online (including storing payment information) on drphillipscenter.org
- Follow the Dr. Phillips Center on social (here are their links for Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram) & sign up for their email newsletter
- Know the best dates that work for you before you go to buy tickets with back-up dates in mind just in case shows are sold out when you get into the purchase queue.
Didn’t score tickets? Don’t fret!
There will be a digital lottery through the show directly & last minute sales, but only for social media followers. More on this soon!!!
I hope that all of this helps make your adventure to purchase Hamilton tickets for its run at the Dr. Phillips Center more successful, and I’ll be sharing more information as it becomes available.Follow us for more updates: