Dazzling Displays of Art Highlight
Festival of the Masters at
Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013
For its 38 year, Festival of the Masters presented by Michaels is transforming Downtown Disney into an art lovers’ paradise Nov. 8-10, 2013. The prestigious open-air fine arts festival features more than 300 artists creating and showcasing their unique works in painting, photography, sculpture, chalk, glass and more. Exhibits feature more than 130 award-winning artists, nearly 20 up-and-coming Emerging Masters, the Disney Artist Village, live performance artists and more.
From Friday to Sunday, prepare yourself for a refined experience as hundreds of artists hone their talents and focus their abilities before an audience of onlookers, connoisseurs and appraisers alike.
Staged around the Downtown Disney area—with displays at Downtown Disney West Side and Downtown Disney Marketplace—let your curiosity lead the way to a series of exhibits, activities, presentations and more. This is your chance to interact with dozens of eclectic creators while each showcases his or her own unparalleled sense of individuality, from unique perspectives and personalities to distinctive styles and signatures.
It’s set to be one truly unforgettable event, an art show 38 years in the making!
Festival of the Masters presented by Michaels®
November 8 to November 10, 2013
Friday and Saturday – 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Sunday – 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
During the Festival of the Masters there are many chances to encounter an art chat where you can interact with a gallery of inspired personalities, or you stumble upon a live performance of artists creating magical Disney pieces out of thin air, dozens of experiences await your discovery at several different locations, including:
- Downtown Disney West Side – Find over 130 award-winning fine artists—including 20 several talented “Emerging Masters”—in addition to limited-edition paintings, sculptures, jewelry, glasswork, woodwork and more.
- Disney Artist Village – Enjoy one of the largest displays of Disney pieces available for purchase as you meet more than 25 talented people who created each of the works.
- The Waterside Stage – Gaze in amazement during a drove of live shows where Disney artists bring remarkable pieces to life, right before your very eyes.
- House of Blues – Celebrate 15 years of folk alongside more than 30 accomplished artists as the House of Blues stages a longtime favorite event—the Folk Art Festival!
- Downtown Disney Sidewalks – Stroll sidewalks adorned by 60 works of chalk such as the always popular children’s chart art exhibition.
For more information on participating artists, visit the Artist Gallery!
You will have the opportunity to meet Walt Disney Imagineers, Disney Design Group artists and Disney-inspired artists, among others at the Festival of the Masters! The following artists will be on hand for special appearances and signings: ACME Archives, Costa Alavezos, Dave Avanzino, Steve Barton, Brian Blackmore, Trevor Carlton, Maria Clapsis, Ron Cohee, John Coulter, Disney Fine Art, David Doss, Larry Dotson, Stephen Fishwick, Will Gay, Joe Kaminski, Rob Kaz, Katie, Kelly, Alex Maher, Greg McCullough, Noah, Arnel Platon, Tim Rogerson, Thomas Scott, Mark Seppala, Bil Shannon, Michelle St.Laurent, Guy Vasilovich, Don “Ducky” Williams and Darren Wilson.
For a full schedule of Artist Appearances and Signings, please visit here. But please keep in mind that all events, appearances, and other elements are subject to change so keep an eye out for notifications!
Disney Artists Trevor Carlton and Stephen Fishwick also will be performing live shows as they create new works of art on stage and will host interactive chats about art and what it can be. Both the art chats and live performances will take place at Waterside Stage in the Marketplace, and times will be available in the times guide.
New this year, “Mixers and Masters” will highlight artistic cocktails throughout Downtown Disney. Select dining locations will feature specialty drinks for sipping and strolling including the Pinkberry Martini from Wolfgang Puck Café, Blue Nile from Rainforest Café and Huckleberry Lemonade at Splitsville. Guests can learn what goes into making an artfully delicious cocktail during daily presentations on Waterside Stage. “The Art of Mixology” will feature 10-minute demonstrations with experts three times a day.
This year you can become part of the Festival of the masters with the various interactive crafting experiences that you will find throughout Downtown Disney!
The Michaels Design Team will be on hand for a variety of fun experiences where you can participate, create and even take home your own self-made souvenir!
- Make It Take It: Mickey Ears – Design a set of Mickey Ear wood frames—complete with a fun assortment of extras—inspired by everyone’s favorite mouse.
- Make It Take it: Sun Visor – Fashion your very own piece of artistic headwear, one that expresses your creative side while also shielding your eyes.
- Draw a Disney Masterpiece – Take your pick from an array of coloring tools and make magic as you create personalized art based on Disney’s latest film.
- Michaels Master Mural – Partner up with the crew from Michaels as you work in tandem and put together a larger-than-life master mural, piece by piece!
Children are invited to creatively chalk sections of the Marketplace for the Children’s Chalk Art display; help build a giant LEGO masterpiece and create an interactive LEGO mural.
Other Festival of the Masters activities will include:
• Live entertainment by performers from La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil
• House of Blues 15 year celebration of its Folk Art Festival with more than 30 accomplished artists
• Special artist appearances at Hoypoloi and Pop Gallery
• Live entertainment at various venues, including House of Blues, Bongos Cuban Café, Raglan Road, and Splitsville
The event takes place from 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission and self-parking are complimentary at Downtown Disney; valet parking is available during the event from 12 p.m. – 2 a.m. via Entrance 4 at Downtown Disney West Side.
Follow us for more updates: