Since Disney Vacation Club properties Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and the soon to be opening Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort and Spa are similarly priced when you buy through Disney, I thought I would compare my opinions between the two resorts.
Grand Floridian Pluses:
- The decor, especially the flooring and tile work, are definitely more upscale
- You get additional h20 bath products, such as foot scrub, like you do when you stay at Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort and Spa.
- In each closet, there are spa robes provided for you to relax in.
- There is an additional Bed available.
Grand Floridian Things To Consider:
- You will be sharing a pool with Grand Floridian Guests.
- You can not walk to Magic Kingdom from the Grand Floridian.
- There are no signature items to attract you to stay at this resort. Example Bay Lake Tower offers an observation deck and Bar.
- In the 1 bedroom villas, there is no additional sleeper chair and bathroom.
Things To Ponder:
- Will there be transportation challenges. Will buses and monorails become more crowded?
- If you are driving to the resort, will parking be an issue?
- How will weddings at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion impact the villas?
So I’ve been thinking about if I would buy in, and I’m not jumping at owning at the Grand Floridian right now. I’m going to be waiting to see to see what happens.
I will be staying at Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort and Spa, because I was lucky and got an available room for the Disney World Marathon weekend by runDisney. I was previously wait listed at Bay Lake and Wilderness Lodge.
Should I win the lottery? Sign me up for Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort and Spa! Along with a home at Golden Oak and a stay at Aulani!
Here is a closer look at the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa that are at the DVC preview center. It’s important to note that some of the finishes and decor may be different than those found in the actual rooms of the resort when it opens.
Follow us for more updates: