They say never meet your heroes, but today the Universal Orlando Resort announced a new holiday meet and greet!
Universal Orlando Resort will debut an adorable, original character, Earl the Squirrel, inspired by the actual tale of a mischievous squirrel who scurried into the theme park’s holiday décor years ago.
Standing six feet tall and sporting a festive “I Love Acorns” holiday sweater, the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Earl will be available for meet and greets on select days beginning Saturday, December 11 in Universal Studios Florida.
Earl’s origin began more than a decade ago when Universal Orlando’s Entertainment team discovered a squirrel nestled in the branches of its iconic Christmas tree. Surprisingly, the squirrel had an affinity for blue Christmas lights, often stealing strands and bringing them back to his nest. Over the years, Universal has paid homage to this remarkable incident by placing a lifelike squirrel in the Christmas tree for guests to discover and creating merchandise inspired by its fuzzy friend.
And now, guests can encounter Earl the Squirrel as an actual walkaround character this holiday season. Earl will be available for meet and greets on select days from December 11 through January 2 at Universal Studios Florida. While in the theme park, guests can also enjoy a new assortment of Earl the Squirrel merchandise within a dedicated room in this year’s Holiday Tribute Store – Earl the Squirrel’s Christmas Curios Museum & Emporium.
In addition to celebrating the holidays with Earl, guests can rip open a holiday gift of nonstop awesome where they can join the celebration of Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, meet the maven of mischief himself, the Grinch, during Grinchmas, and experience the larger-than-life return of Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s now through January 2. For more information about the Holidays at Universal Orlando Resort, visit www.UniversalOrlando.com/holidays.
Follow us for more updates:
Spring Break is almost here, and it is going to be an incredibly busy season for the theme parks of Central Florida.
To help you navigate the parks, here are a few Spring Break tips by park!
Spring Break 2021 Tips
Walt Disney World
- The Walt Disney World theme parks are all sold out for Resort and ticket holders, but some Annual Passholder availability has flickered in and out so be sure to check the Park Pass Reservation page often.
- If you do have a ticket and are looking to park hop after 2pm, keep this number handy (407) 560-5000! This number will inform you if a park is at capacity and not accepting park hoppers.
- Please do yourself a favor and don’t show up to ‘talk your way in’. The capacity is what it is, and if you do not have a reservation you will be turned away.
- Disney Springs will also be EXTREMELY busy!!!! Also be aware that if you have a dining reservation, you are not guaranteed entry into Disney Springs.
Universal Orlando Resort
- The Universal Orlando Resort does not take reservations for Universal Studios Florida or Universal Islands of Adventure, so these parks will absolutely cap out with capacity early in the day due to the amazing ticket and hotel deals they have right now.
- The Universal Social Media Team is GREAT at posting about park hours, tips, and when the parks reach capacity & are letting guests in again. So make sure you follow @universalorl on Twitter
- If you do get into the parks, bring a lot of patience!!! The lines will be long, so make sure to be kind & social distance.
- All guests with existing tickets, Fun Cards, or Annual Passes must make a reservation using this system in advance in order to manage park capacity and maintain physical distancing
- Again, these parks will be SUPER busy so bring your patience and be prepared for those long lines.
Don’t forget you can keep up with our adventures On the Go in MCO and find even more events by following @onthegoinmco on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube!
Follow us for more updates: