Weekly Review September 17-21, 2012 – Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Week And More
Weekly Review time!!! This past week here at On the Go has been full of great stuff, and it has been a little different since we double posted with Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party information about week!!!
Also, we added a new contributor, Beth, to the site! Welcome Aboard!!!
Now it’s time to look back at all that happened September 17-21!!!
The Winter Park Sip and Stroll is coming up on September 27th, and it will celebrate the city’s 125th Anniversary of Incorporation!
We started our Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party coverage with Tip, Tricks, and Information. There is so much to do and see at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!!!
Then we looked at the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Merchandise with prices. These tend to go quickly, so if you are attending a Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party you will want to definitely go in search of these items early!
1. What about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party makes it a MUST DO for you? Aurora – I always made sure that I did the Alice in Wonderland Treat Trail as the first stop, a stop in the middle AND the last stop of the night! You get SO MUCH Candy there! Beth – Hallowishes for the music and the parade is absolutely amazing. Love the Gravediggers!! Betsy – I have to see the Boo To You parade and make sure not to miss the Headless Horseman. Cheryl – The limited pins and tshirts Megan – I have to watch Hallowishes and see the parade. I also love seeing the ghost outside of Haunted Mansion. Shalon – I always get a prime spot for Hallowishes, it’s my favorite MK fireworks show!!! Love all the music! Shelley – My absolute must do is watching Boo To You and Happy Hallowishes! They are two things that I could watch over and over and over again!
2. What is your favorite activity during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? Betsy – Trick or treating and people watching. There are so many creative costumes from guests young and young at heart. Beth – definitely the parade…the music, the floats, the dancers. Very unique Cheryl – I love the parade. Megan – Trick or Treating and visiting the dance parties. Shalon – Hallowishes all the way!!! Shelley – I really enjoy walking around the park towards the end of the night as the crowd thins out to take in some of the smaller details of MNSSHP. Aurora – I am a Boo To You Girl! I have to see the parade both showings! I love the Grave Diggers and The Haunted Mansion Dancers!
3. Are you going to dress up for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? If so, what will your costume be? If not, of all the costumes you have seen what was your favorite? Cheryl – One year we saw Wizard of Oz characters Megan – I have a few costumes that I have in mind. Of course, buying a new pair of Halloween ears to wear is always acceptable. Shalon – Not sure yet would like to but need to think if something different to do Shelley – This year I went as a fancy Minnie Mouse, since she is my favorite character. Aurora – I am still working on a costume. I was a Sailor Girl the past two years. This year I am undecided so far. Beth – Normally I just wear a personalized Mickey Halloween shirt, but this year I’m thinking of one of the princess tutu’s (from the kids dept) and a tank top. Or my Tower of Terror 10 miler costume which is still a secret. Betsy – I don’t think I’m going to dress up this year since I’m going early and it is still likely to be hot and humid. In the past I’ve gone as a pirate or just worn a Halloween themed tshirt.
4. Where is your favorite thing to take pictures of during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? Megan – I love seeing the characters in costume, I usually am having too much fun to remember to take pictures though. Shalon – I love getting pics of all the guests unique costumes! Saw some great Cast Member costume replicas on kids last year!!! Shelley – I really love taking pictures of Tomorrowland all lit up with special projections. Aurora – Haunted Mansion with Madame Leota out front! She is always so much fun to play around with! Beth – I love all the Halloween decorations and the character statues in the hub Betsy – I love taking pictures of Hallowishes! Cheryl – the characters in their costumes.
5. What part of the Boo to You Parade is your favorite? Shalon – Love the Grave Diggers! Shelley – I love the whole parade, but if I had to choose one part it would probably be the Ballroom Dancers from the Haunted Mansion. Aurora – I would have to say that the Haunted Mansion Ballroom Dancers are my favorite! Beth – Goofy!!! CANDY CANDY CANDY! Betsy – This is a toss up for me between the Grave Diggers (sparks are so cool!!!) and the Dancing Cowboys. 😉 Cheryl – I enjoy the headless horseman Megan – I love the Grave Diggers!! (and the candy)
6. Trick or Treat? 😉 Shelley – Treat with a side of Trick! Aurora – Always trick with some treat on the side! Beth – Treat….chocolate please!!! Betsy – Both! I love to have fun, so tricks are entertaining, but treats are awesome too. Cheryl – Treat , vegan and gluten free please 🙂 Megan – Treat. Always treats! Shalon – Treat!!! Who doesn’t love candy!!!
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook Page for tons of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Pictures!
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2012 – Tips, Tricks, and Info
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, which is my most favorite party of the year at the Magic Kingdom, is now under way at the Magic Kingdom!
I love Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party so much, because the Magic Kingdom is jam packed full of fun details, amazing entertainment, spectacular fireworks, and more importantly candy to celebrate Halloween! I am going to be sharing some of my favorite tips, tricks, and things to make sure that you do while you are at the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!
The first thing that you are going to want to consider is when you want to attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, because there are certain dates that tickets can be purchased at a reduced rate if they are purchased in advance.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party will be held on the following dates in 2012:
And here is the price breakdown by date for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
When arriving at the Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, party admission and wrist banding begins around 6:00 pm on party days, you will be directed to use one side of security and turnstiles since you will be receiving a special wrist band from Magic Kingdom Cast Members in special costumes indicating that you are attending that night’s party.
After getting your wrist band, you are going to want to grab a Halloween Treat Bag, this year featuring Frankenweenie and Wreck It Ralph, and a map for the party. One thing that I always do is bring a large purse or backpack to the party, because you will want to bring a large Ziploc bag for each member of your party to put their candy in since the more room you have in your treat bag the more candy Cast Members typically give you!
Walking into the Magic Kingdom, you will notice that you will also be directed to one side of Main Street USA, since there will be a large group of guests leaving as you are arriving for the party. Also as Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party begins you will be asked by Cast Members to show your armband since they will be trying to clear the park of non- party going guests.
We typically arrive before the party begins, so we like to take a look at the party map and look at all there is, what people are interested in doing during the party, and we grab a bite to eat since a lot of the quick service restaurants are closed during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
First things first, we hit the firehouse at 6:45 to get in line for our special Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom card for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Our friends over at SOTMK Blog have great information about this card and all sorts of Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom rumors and news!!!
This year we decided to break with tradition, and we hit several Trick or Treat Spots before watching the first Boo To You Parade.
Trick-or-Treat Locations can be found throughout the park, and are a really fun way to get into the Halloween spirit!
Next to Jungle Cruise where you’ll find some freaky tiki’s offering two treats!
In the Pirates of the Cairbbean queue you’ll find some candy booty!
Along the waterfront in front of the Liberty Square Riverboat, you’ll be taken to a New Orleans Halloween Celebration.
Before you can fly, hit the stop in Peter Pan’s Flight queue.
Visit Pinocchio’s Village Haus for a special treat from Werther’s.
The new & special stop at the Fantasyland Railroad Station is called the Casey Jr Candy Junction.
Speed on into the Tomorrowland Speedway for a tasty treat.
Near Space Mountain, there is an intergalactic treat from Kellog’s.
Beside Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress you will find a candy location sure to please anyone from any decade.
In addition to the Trick or Treat Spots there are two Trick-or-Treat Trails in the Magic Kingdom, which are themed and full of treats and special decorations for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
Wonderland Curious Candy Way
For this treat trail you will want to enter from The Barnstormer in Storybook Circus, and follow the path full of decorations from Alice in Wonderland.
Br’er Rabit’s Laughing Place Candy Patch
Entering from the Splash Mountain queue, you follow this winding trail full of carved pumpkins and treats for a whole lot of candy & fun.
The Boo To You Parade, 8:15pm and 10:30pm, is by far my most absolute favorite part of the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!!! This parade is amazing and you will find yourself singing it’s song for the many months to come!
The parade kicks off with a ride from the Headless Horseman along the parade route. And while he used togo a lot faster, this ride is definitely one you aren’t going to want to miss!
If you are watching the parade from Main Street you’ll be “Calling All The Monsters” in a Street Jam that takes place twice before the parade in front of the Art of Disney and at the Main Street Railroad Station. While this won’t be everyone’s favorite thing, if you are looking to avoid this Jam you will want to watch Boo To You from Frontierland.
Once the Boo To You parade kicks off, you will understand why I love this parade so much! It is full of characters from the movies, shorts, and parks dancing along to a fun soundtrack on special floats. The Haunted Mansion and Cowboy sections of this parade are my favorite. The parade starts next to Splash Mountain, and there are definite plusses and minuses to watching it from different locations, and my two favorite places to watch it from are near the Flag Pole on Main Street USA and the Shooting Gallery in Frontierland.
If you chose to watch Boo To You from Main Street USA near the flagpole, your pictures will have the castle in the background which is always a bonus. However, there are super bright parade lights on the top of the Confectionery that make shooting pictures and video difficult at times. Most people attending Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party will line the streets of Main Street before heading to this section, and make sure you wait for the line to go out before claiming a spot.
Boo To You from the Shooting Gallery in Frontierland is also an excellent spot, because you have great lighting, planters to sit on if your feet are tired, and extra entertainment since there is time to kill from the events going on in Main Street USA. The downside is that since the parade starts in this direction, people tend to line up super early and you will need to stake out a spot for great viewing sacrificing some party time.
After watching the parade, we decided to ride The Haunted Mansion to take in the special features it has during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. During the party, The Haunted Mansion Cast Members are decked out in their spookiest attire and you’ll find one on the 999 Happy Haunts is out on the lawn talking to guests. You definitely do not want to miss this attraction!!!
If Dance Parties and Character Appearances are your thing, you won’t be disappointed during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!
There are two Dance Parties that let you take a break and shake off the sugar, while dancing with some of your favorite characters.
Rock-It Out…Stitch’s Club 626 at the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland.
Woody’s Happy Harvest Roundup in The Diamond Horseshoe in Liberty Square.
And for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, you will find that your favorite Characters are in their Halloween finest and mingling among the guests in addition to their normal meet and greet areas in the park.
Then it was time for the best fireworks… Happy Hallowishes!, which begins at 9:30pm. The night sky lights up around Cinderella Castle for this 180° fireworks extravaganza! You will want to make sure that you are watching these with a castle view. If you choose to watch Happy Hallowishes from the Hub area, you will feel immersed in the show! But if you go further back on Main Street USA, you won’t be as crowded in and will be able to better see the whole show. Either way, you can’t lose!
After some speed Trick-Or-Treating, we decided to hit the last show of the Villains’ Dance Mix & Mingle, 7:45pm, 8:50pm, 10:05pm, and 11:15pm, in front of Cinderella Castle. This high energy show features some of your favorite villains breaking it down and getting funky. It’s a lot of fun to watch!
And make sure that you take out those candy bags one last time before you exit the park, because outside the turnstiles there is one last Trick-Or-Treat location with Cast Members handing out Halloween Peeps.
And that was our night at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!
It was an amazing night with amazing friends, and I hope that you will be able to use this information to make your Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party a blast!!!
Betsy had the chance to attend a Lunch and Learn for Joe’s Crab Shack, and their new menu additions look delicious!!!
The Orlando Solar Bears announced today that they have agreed to terms with defenseman Derick Martin.
Star Wars Celebration VI was held at the Orange County Convention Center, and Cheryl shares some of her preparations and pictures!
The Orlando Solar Bears announced that single game tickets for the 2012-13 season will go on sale beginning Wednesday, September 19.
Thanks for joining us this week at On the Go, and we can’t wait to bring you even more posts next week!!! We are going to be dedicating a lot of our posts to one of our favorite events at the Magic Kingdom…Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!!!
Weekly Review: August 27 – August 31, 2012: Our Week on The Go!
Hidden Gems of WDW, Orlando City Soccer, Halloween at LEGOLAND Florida, Magic Kingdom in the Fall, And Solar Bears Hockey
Its Weekly Review Time!!!! This past week here at On the Go has been full of great stuff, and its almost my favorite time of year which makes me even more excited about all that is going on around Orlando! Now it’s time to look back, with our Weekly Review, at all that happened her at On the Go in MCO August 27th to August 31st!!!