I really enjoy finding recipes for treats that are super easy and super fun, and this #DisneySide Mickey Pretzel Treats recipe is a twist on an old favorite!
These Mickey Pretzel Treats are a great mix of sweet and salty, and are a crowd pleaser
The most expensive part of these treats are the Hershey’s Kisses and M&M’s, however I like to shop the after holiday sales to scoop them up at half off!
#DisneySide Mickey Pretzel Treats Recipe (Yield 60)
1 – Bag of Pretzels (I used Snyders of Hanover Pretzel Snaps, but you can use whatever shape of pretzel you would like)
2 – 11 oz Bags of Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolate
2 – 1.77 oz Tubes M&M’s Minis
1 – 12.6 oz Bag of M&M’s Milk Chocolate
1 – Baking Sheet
2 – Small Bowls
1 – Medium Bowl
1 – Storage Container
1. Preheat oven to 300° F
2.Place each size of M&M’s into their own small bowl
3. Unwrap all of the Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolate (This is extremely time consuming and no fun…you’ve been warned)
4. On the Baking Sheet, line up all of your pretzels and place a Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolate on top of each pretzel
5. Put the Baking Sheet into the oven for 3 minutes
6. When you pull the pretzels and kisses out, the chocolate should be shiny & smooth and you can depress the tip of the Kiss easily with your finger. If the chocolate has cracks in it or looks dry, you are going to want to start over at Step 4.
7. Place a regular sized M&M’s on each pretzel by depressing it into the Hershey’s Kiss. If you find that it doesn’t easily go into the Kiss, put the Baking Sheet back into the oven until you can depress the tip of the Kiss easily with your finger.
8. Place two M&M’s Minis on top of each of the regular M&M’s to make Mickey’s ears. I found that when I kept the regular sized M&M’s in rows by color that it was easier to place the matching color of M&M’s Minis.
9. Once your Mickey Pretzel Treats and the Baking Sheet have reached room temperature, place the sheet into the refrigerator for the chocolate to set for 30 minutes.
10. Once the Mickey Pretzel Treats have cooled completely, place them into your storage container. Mickey Pretzel Treats can be placed in the refrigerator for up to a week.
I hope that you enjoy this #DisneySide Mickey Pretzel Treat as much as we do! Below you will find a download of the recipe that you can print out.