Maker Faire Orlando is a non-profit, community-organized celebration featuring local do-it-yourself science, art, rockets, robots, crafts, technology, music, and hands-on activities.
The family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity, and resourcefulness returns November 5-6, 2022, where people show what they are making and share what they are learning at the 10th annual event at the Central Florida Fairgrounds.
Individuals behind the exhibits are known as ‘makers’ and range from tech enthusiasts to crafters and scientists to garage tinkerers of all ages and backgrounds.
“Maker Faire is a gathering of fascinating, curious people who enjoy learning and who love sharing what they can do. From engineers to artists to scientists to crafters, Maker Faire is a venue for these ‘makers’ to show their hobbies, experiments or projects,” said founder Ian Cole.
The two-day event is expected to draw 10,000 attendees and includes 250 exhibits, Power Racing, Combat Robots, Nerdy Derby, cosplay makers, and much more on display throughout three air-conditioned exhibit halls, as well as green spaces filled with hands-on activities, workshops, and competitions.
Maker Faire Orlando 2022
- Saturday, November 5, and Sunday, November 6
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (both days)
- Central Florida Fairgrounds (4603 W Colonial Dr., Orlando, FL 32808)
- FREE on-site parking
- A variety of food choices are available for purchase.
- For more information and tickets, visit www.makerfaireorlando.com
Exhibits & Hands-on Workshops
From engineers to artists to scientists to crafters, makers showcase hobbies, experiments, and projects. Immerse yourself in Maker culture with exhibits, a performance stage, big art, and spectacle.
Experience hands-on learning by people who make, play, tinker, and hack, including robotics, cosplay, STEM & STEAM, crafts, science, electronics, tools, and crazy things you’ve never seen!
Robot Ruckus is included with Maker Faire Orlando tickets. See your favorite robot builders having fun destroying each other’s toys with several local teams from the BattleBots show on the Discovery Channel and Discovery+, as well as local robots ranging in size from one to 250 pounds.
For more information, visit robotruckus.org.
Power Racing is a fun-filled racing experience where makers construct their own machines to go racing. Racers can spend up to $500 on a racer that looks like a children’s ride or toy.
Award-winning Cosplay Makers
Interact and observe cosplay makers in their element and working on their craft, including MegaCon winners Fred & Elle Designs with their Making Foam Props and Armor exhibit and Orlandoian Allison Chase with her Puppeted Catbus and the Guardian from Zelda Breath of the wild.
10th Anniversary Online Ticket Sales – Save money and skip the line. Pre-event savings end Nov. 4
- Pre-event online tickets start at $15 for youth and students and $20 for adults.
- Add a second day to your one-day ticket for $10.
- Children under age three are FREE.
- Order tickets online www.makerfaireorlando.com/attend/
- Tickets are available at the gate on November 5 and 6
- First responders, active military, and Veterans receive free admission to Maker Faire Orlando with identification
- Employees of schools, colleges, universities, homeschool educators, and libraries also receive free admission to Maker Faire Orlando with identification.