Make sure you tune into Orlando’s Evening News on WDBO with Tony Marino tonight at 6:38 pm ET to hear about what you can enjoy as you are On the Go in the Parks!
Summer is starting to wind down, but there is still so much fun to be had On the Go in the Parks!
Theme Park Reservation & Mask Update
Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World has updated their mask policy for guests ages 2 and up
– Masks are required regardless of vaccination status
– Masks must be worn while indoors
– Masks must be worn on Disney buses, monorails, and Disney Skyliner
– The new policy includes attractions & their queues
– Masks remain optional in outdoor common areas
- Walt Disney World has opened up more Park Pass availability for summer visits to the park. So while you still need a reservation to enter the parks, it is now easier to snag one.
- In accordance with updated guidance from the Centers for Disease and Control (CDC) and the recommendations of local officials, face coverings are recommended to be worn in designated, indoor spaces regardless of the vaccination status of SeaWorld Orlando guests and employees.
- The CDC has indicated that fully vaccinated people can be in outdoor areas without the need for a face covering.
- The CDC still recommends that people get fully vaccinated and that unvaccinated people use preventative measures such as face coverings and social distancing.
- For special interactions with certain animals, unvaccinated people will be required to wear a face covering.
- SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica are both no longer requiring reservations…if you are planning on going to Aquatica during the weekend GET THERE EARLY as parking is running out before noon each day!
- The Universal Orlando Resort encourages all guests to follow CDC guidelines and local directives to wear face coverings while indoors across Universal Orlando Resort.
- Face coverings are optional while outdoors.
- All guests are ecouraged to keep a safe distance between travel parties.
- Universal Orlando Resort hasn’t required reservations, but you’ll want to keep an eye one their official twitter – @UniversalORL – for any capacity or operational updates
On the Go in the Parks: August 2-4, 2021
The EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival is underway at Walt Disney World with delicious dishes, fun for families, and entertainment for the entire family until November 20th!
The festival celebrates the best of food and drink with more than 20 festival-exclusive global marketplaces open now and even more coming in the fall!
In addition to all the classics and fan favorites, there are SEVEN new marketplaces:
- The Noodle Exchange (Near Traveler’s Café)
- Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina
- The Rotunda Bistro (American Adventure Rotunda)
- The Swanky Saucy Swine (Near Disney Traders)
- Brew-Wing at the EPCOT Experience
- Lobster Landing (Near Mission: SPACE) – Opening Oct. 1
- Mac & Eats (Near Mission: SPACE) – Opening Oct. 1
Don’t forget to see EPCOT Forever fireworks at the close of every day!
Enjoy the Flavors of Florida at Disney Springs
Florida Food Enthusiasts will want to head to Disney Springs as more than 30 restaurants and shops are celebrating the best of the Sunshine State until August 12th.
Want to make sure you don’t miss a delicious dish? Be sure to pick up a Flavors of Florida event guide upon arrival at the Disney Springs Welcome Center or any participating location.
This summer the Walt Disney World Resort is inviting guests to enjoy sweet summer vibes to satisfy the soul as you dine, shop, play, and unwind with family and friends across the parks.
SeaWorld Orlando’s award-winning summer event, Electric Ocean has returned with more hours of fun featuring new daytime experiences and nighttime favorites.
Electric Ocean brings longer park hours and allows guests to voyage into an exotic underwater world filled with dazzling lights, electrifying dance music, and brilliant evening energy that sparks as the sunsets. (Cause who doesn’t love fireworks???)
There are new shows, entertainment, food, and returning favorites to enjoy!
Free Beer is back at SeaWorld
Starting today, SeaWorld has announced FREE BEER for SeaWorld park guests 21 and over.
The free brews will be available at the park daily from 11:30 a.m. until one hour before park close.
Guests are invited to visit Mama’s Pretzel Kitchen Patio Bar to receive one complimentary 12-ounce beer per park visit through August 12.
This summer starting LEGOLAND Florida Resort is throwing an AWE-SUMMER celebration packed with engaging stage shows, special weekend events, and surprise streetmosphere performances around every corner through August 8th.
You won’t want to miss these new event offerings!
- NEW! Birthday Surprise Squad – In celebration of the park’s 10th birthday, this pop-up squad is popping up around the park with surprises, performances, and even special birthday giveaways.
- NEW! Time to Learn! – Join the Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse teachers as they engage in activities and songs about the fun of science, and the excitement of reading and writing in a show that is perfect for our smallest guests ages two to six.
- NEW! Clap along to the rhythm and sounds of the all-new Safari Drummers and test your dinosaur knowledge with the Dino Duo.
Specialty summer treats and beverages like Summer’s Own Watermelon Salad with Feta & Mint, Splash of Summer Watermelon Lemonade, and a bedazzled red, white, and blue ice cream cone are the perfectly cool complements to this party-packed season.
Summer Nights just got brighter at Busch Gardens!
Due to popular demand, the park’s NEW nighttime spectacular, “Spark!” can now be enjoyed every night starting Friday, June 11 through Sunday, August 8.
As the biggest and brightest show ever to light the park’s sky, “Spark!” features an explosive array of fireworks and exciting effects from dazzling lasers to graceful water elements and dramatic pyrotechnics.
From the electrifying pre-party to the epic grand finale, the dazzling experience of “Spark!” can be enjoyed with any park ticket, Fun Card or Annual Pass. After August 8, “Spark!” will continue to light the night sky at Busch Gardens with presentations each Friday, Saturday and Sunday night through September 6, including Labor Day.