The Summer of Fun at the Gaylord Palms Resort is going to fill the world-class property, featuring a 3- acre outdoor water park, two sparkling pools, and four-and-a-half acres of sprawling indoor gardens, with fun for the entire family.
From May 21 through September 6, 2021, the resort’s Summer of More will deliver the perfect getaway for families with immersive aquatic experiences, event-exclusive culinary and beverage offerings, soothing spa treatments, and an itinerary full of themed programming inclusive of live entertainment, family-friendly shows, activities, and much more.
“Summer travelers wishing to make the most out of their vacation can come here for a one-stop destination,” said Johann Krieger, General Manager for Gaylord Palms Resort. “From our Cypress Springs water park and EXPLORE activities to our award-winning restaurants and world-class spa, we offer everything you could want and deserve for the ultimate summer experience.”
The theme of this year’s itinerary of activities and events is EXPLORE, and this brand-new programming will encourage guests and local visitors to uncover the stories and discover the natural wonders of Florida.
Gaylord Palms Summer of Fun Highlights
- Explore Summer: Uncover the stories and discover the natural wonders of Florida in this brand-new, guided, atrium adventure.
- Secret Garden Escape Room: You’ve stumbled upon a beautiful and enchanted garden, but beware – an evil witch lurks in the shadows. Escape back to reality within 30 minutes, or you might find yourself under a spell and trapped forever in this garden as a gnome, frog, or spider! This family-friendly experience includes live performers.
- Florida Explorer Scavenger Hunt: Your journey begins inside the 4.5-acre atrium, filled to the brim with flora (plant-life) and fauna (animal-life) from all over the state. To succeed in becoming a real-life Florida explorer, you will need to navigate through the atrium and learn about unique plants, animals, and historical landmarks.
- Illuminate Florida Show: High above the St. Augustine Atrium thousands of lights dance and create summer images to music several times a night.
- Animal Encounters with Wild Florida: A special educational opportunity to interact with and learn about a variety of incredible creatures.
A summertime must, Gaylord Palms’ 3-acre water park, Cypress Springs, offers thrills and relaxation for every member of the family – from the tranquil South Beach Pool to exhilarating attractions including drop and racing slides, a multi-level water playground, the FlowRider surfing experience and an all-new action river, Crystal River Rapids.
This new water attraction takes guests on a thrilling ride as they twist and turn through speeding currents. Exclusive poolside cabanas available for rent provide extra shade, comfortable lounge seating, a refrigerator, television, and a designated pool server. Premium poolside seating also available for purchase.
Not to be left out…Adults who are searching for the ultimate in relaxation can unwind in the resort’s luxurious Relâche Spa and enjoy a de-stressing massage, rejuvenating facial, or calming body treatment.
The resort features multiple award-winning restaurants with unique culinary experiences, breathtaking atrium views, and mouth-watering seasonal dishes and summer cocktails. Dining options are available for every palate – even from the comfort of the guest’s room.
As the safety of its guests and STARS (employees) is of paramount importance, the resort’s summer events have been developed in accordance with Marriott’s “Commitment to Clean” program and enhanced protocols.
For more information about Gaylord Palms Resort and to book an overnight stay, room package, or events and activities, visit www.GaylordPalms.com.
For more information and the latest theme park news make sure to follow @onthegoinmco on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube!Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: