Since its beginning in 1921, White Castle has held fast to its founder’s belief that families everywhere should be able to enjoy an evening at a restaurant with tasty food at a great value.
And now Orlando is home to the Orlando Castle – the largest, free-standing White Castle in the World – which marks the restaurant’s return to Florida since operating several Miami locations during the 1960s.
President and CEO Lisa Ingram – a fourth-generation family member – along with other family members, company leaders, White Castle Hall of Famers, local elected officials, development partners, and guests were excited to attend the Orlando Castle’s Grand Opening on May 3, 2021.
“You could say our Orlando Castle has been 100 years in the making,” remarked Ingram. “We have been humbled and honored by the warm welcome we have received to date from the Central Florida community. Our vision at White Castle is to ‘feed the souls of craver generations everywhere,’ and our mission is to ‘create memorable moments every day. We can’t wait to meet our new neighbors, whether long-time Cravers or new to the Castle.
Fun Facts about the Orlando Castle
- The Orlando Castle will be open for take-out, dine-in, and drive-through service from 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. seven days per week.
- The 4,567 square-foot restaurant includes indoor and outdoor seating and 2 Drive-Thru lanes.
- This newest Castle has hired 120 team members and managers.
- In addition to their menu (where you can order breakfast all day), you can find a selection of Orlando Castle merchandise.
- Every table has multiple charging ports for mobile devices to keep all ‘Cravers’ connected.
- Team members will be hard at work on the company’s largest griddles, but Cravers should know there is a 60 slider cap per visit.
- Vegans and vegetarians should know that the Orlando White Castle takes keeping food safe from cross-contamination seriously and that Impossible & veggie patties are kept and cooked separately.
- In addition to sliders, ‘Castle Combos’, beer, wine, and sides, the Orlando Castle menu features exclusive and limited-time items like Crave Coolers and Desserts On-A-Stick.
- To provide a memorable experience for customers, hospitality doors will take the place of Drive-Thru windows to allow team members to walk out to cars in the Drive-Thru lane.
- Julia, an AI drive-thru assistant, will be joining the Orlando Castle team soon to help make ordering a breeze.
- The Orlando Castle will be open 24 hours and life the slider cap in the future.
To ensure tasty fun for all, White Castle has implemented health and safety measures consistent with Orange County’s COVID-19 guidelines, including mask requirements for all team members and guests, social distancing, ongoing cleaning, and hand sanitizers, and wipes.
The Orlando Castle is located at 11595 Daryl Carter Parkway at The Village at O-Town West.Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: