During the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force meeting on May 27th, Jim McPhee, Senior Vice President of Walt Disney World presented their reopening plan for the Walt Disney World Resort.
I am excited to share everything you need to know from that proposal!
The Walt Disney World Resort will begin by opening the Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom on July 11th, with EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopening on July 15th.
The most significant change to visiting the Walt Disney World resort will be the implementation of an online reservation system to gain access to any of the parks. Although we do not have any specifics yet, I am interested to see how this will be implemented.
Prior to entering any of the Walt Disney World theme parks, new health and safety protocols, similar to what has been implemented at Disney Springs, will be in place in each park including:
- Temperature Checks prior to entering the park, no one admitted with a temperature over 100.4
- Face coverings will be required for all guests
- Social Distancing guidelines to ensure parties remain 6 feet from other guests
In order to facilitate the new health and safety policies, Walt Disney World has increased the guest-facing communication to include:
- New content in the Disney World App
- New signs throughout the parks
- Floor markings indicating where to stand when in queues to facilitate social distancing policies
- A “Physical Distancing Squad” made up of cast members available to answer guest questions and encourage safety.
Once inside the parks, guests will also find additional safety protocols including:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation including disinfection of common guest and cast member touchpoints throughout the park
- Additional handwashing and sanitizer stations in ride queues, restaurants, and merchandise locations
- No-Contact ordering and payment wherever possible
- Managed capacity in rides, shows, and restaurants
In addition to existing safety enhancements, all Parades and Fireworks shows as well as character meet and greets will be suspended until further notice.
Although no specifics were given as to the reopening plans for the hotels, the Disney Parks Blog shared in a post:
Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World will reopen to members and guests and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will also open to members and guests starting on June 15.”
We will be updating you once the proposal has been approved and more details are announced.
You can find more information about theme park news and tips by subscribing to our YouTube Channel and following @onthegoinmco on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!Share this article:
Follow us for more updates:
6 thoughts on “Walt Disney World Reopening Proposal 411”