Disney Plus launch day is here, and the highly anticipated streaming service is rolling out an absolutely jaw dropping catalog of movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, as well as original programming.
If you have been living under a rock…here is what you need to know about Disney Plus streaming service.
Disney Plus is available for a monthly price of $6.99 or an annual rate of $69.99 in the U.S. (pricing varies outside U.S.), and the app is available for mobile and streaming devices.
The Disney Plus app experience features:
- Unlimited Downloads: Subscribers have access to unlimited downloads of shows and movies on the Disney+ app to watch offline later on up to 10 mobile or tablet devices, with no constraints on the number of times a title can be downloaded per year. Once downloaded, subscribers can watch on the go and without an internet connection. The number of titles stored at one time on a device is dependent upon the available storage space on a subscriber’s device.
- High-Quality Viewing: Subscribers will enjoy an ultra-high-definition viewing experience with up to 4K Ultra HD video playback in Dolby Vision ultra-vivid imaging, HDR10, and Dolby Atmos immersive audio on supported devices for available programming.
- Commercial-free Viewing: Subscribers can access unlimited viewing of Disney+ content without having to watch a single commercial.
- Profile Customizations: Subscribers can set up to seven different profiles and choose an avatar tailored to their favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel or Star Wars characters, with over 200 avatars available.
- Concurrent Streaming: Disney+ allows subscribers to concurrently stream video content on up to four registered devices with no up-charges.
- Multiple Languages: At launch, Disney+ will offer support for English, Spanish, French and Dutch languages, including both user interface as well as audio support and/or subtitles for library content, with additional languages available for Disney+ Originals.
- Accessibility: The app offers support for closed captioning, descriptive audio, and navigation assistance to help subscribers with disabilities discover and enjoy their favorite stories.
As I was preparing for today’s Disney Plus launch, I made a list of what I’m looking forward to the most…and I’m warning you now…it’s random!
For Lucasfilm’s “The Mandalorian,” executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni joined series stars Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Carl Weathers and Giancarlo Esposito, along with Taika Waititi, who brings the droid IG-11 to life, to premiere the teaser trailer for the first Star Wars live-action series.
Robert A. Iger, chairman and chief executive officer, The Walt Disney Company, announced that new Disney Legend Ming-Na Wen will join the cast of the series.
Set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order, “The Mandalorian” follows the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
The Imagineering Story
The Imagineering Story is a docuseries fromfilmmaker Leslie Iwerks that pulls back the curtain on the work of Imagineers who have made real-life magic at the Disney Parks for decades. Narrated by Angela Bassett, the six-hour series chronicles the history of the Imagineers, beginning with the inception of Disneyland and tracing the development of all the of the Disney parks and all of the fantastical lands within them (yes, including Galaxy’s Edge) to the present day.
The World According to Jeff Goldblum
Jeff Goldblum, who stars in and hosts “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” from National Geographic, gives fans a peek inside the series that takes viewers inside Goldblum’s always inquisitive and highly entertaining mind.
Nothing is as it seems in this new 12-episode series…and I am all in!
Forky Asks a Question
Tony Hale, who reprises his craft project turned toy role from “Toy Story 4” in the new collection of Pixar animated shorts “Forky Asks A Question.”
In the 10 shorts, Forky explores important questions about how the world works, such as: What is love? What is time?
In this holiday comedy, Kris Kringle’s daughter, Anna Kendrick, is full of Christmas spirit and holiday fun, but wishes she could do something “important” like her beloved brother Nick, Bill Hader, who will take over from their father this Christmas.
When Nick is about to crumble like a gingerbread cookie from all the pressure, Noelle suggests he take a break and get away…but when he doesn’t return, Noelle must find her brother and bring him back in time to save Christmas.
Herbie Goes Bananas
This movie is just the best for when you are having a down in the dumps day and you need a giggle!
Swiss Family Robinson
FUN FACT: I got in trouble when I was younger, because I watched this video tape so much it broke in the VCR. My Dad was pretty angry.
The Apple Dumpling Gang
When we would go to the local video store, this was my go-to rental.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
My favorite Star Wars Movie…fight me!!!
Can you go wrong with this cartoon series?
No you cannot.
Phineas and Ferb
If your aren’t singing, you aren’t watching this series correctly.
And that’s just a fact.
I am so ready to not leave my couch, but before I really get binging I have to start where it all started…with a Mouse!
What will you be watching on Disney Plus?Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: