The search for the next American Idol is beginning once again at Walt Disney World, as the nationwide bus tour for the second season of ABC’s American Idol kicks off on August 25th at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
During the auditions, the 220-acre facility that annually hosts more than 100 events ranging from youth sports to professional sports will also have special appearances by ABC’s American Idol Season 1 winner Maddie Poppe, runner-up Caleb Lee Hutchinson, and finalist Catie Turner.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning to attend the American Idol auditions at the ESPN Wide World of Sports:
- Early arrival is encouraged.
- Parking will be available as early as 4 am, but not before.
- Registration will begin at 7 a.m. with auditions starting at 9 a.m.
- Overnight camping will not be permitted.
- Celebrity judges will not be on site.
- All singers must be at least 15 years old to audition.
- Pre-registration is encouraged. To pre-register and for additional details, full eligibility requirements, submission forms, and terms and conditions, visit www.americanidol.com/auditions.
- Those auditioning can bring one guest to accompany them and the guest must be over 5 years old.
- In addition to appearing in person, hopefuls can submit audition videos online via www.americanidol.com/auditions or by showing off their talents via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Musical.ly using the hashtag #TheNextIdol.
American Idol returns for its second season on ABC (2018-2019) with all-star judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie. Emmy-winning producer Ryan Seacrest will also return as host.
For a full list of cities hosting auditions and additional details, visit www.americanidol.com/auditions.Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: