Last week D23: The Official Disney Fan Club launched Walt Week: Celebrating a Legacy of Imagination, Creativity, and Innovation, and on their new website D23.com/WalkWithWalt there are tons of amazing photos and articles about Walt Disney throughout the years and the efforts to restore the Disney Home in Chicago.
And while D23 members have access to exclusive content and special features, on December 15th to mark the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney’s passing D23 is inviting guests at the Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disney Resort to join the celebration of Walt’s extraordinary life by sharing a message on Memory Boards that will be placed at each resort.
Guests can find the Walt Week Memory Boards at the following locations:
· Disneyland Resort: The gallery inside the Main Street Opera House at Disneyland Park from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m
· Walt Disney World Resort: Inside One Man’s Dream at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
· Disneyland Paris: Inside the Liberty Arcade on Main Street, U.S.A. at the entrance of “Statue of Liberty Tableau” from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
· Hong Kong Disneyland: Inside Art of Animation on Main Street, U.S.A. from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
· Tokyo Disney Resort: Mark Twain Riverboat queue from 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
If you are looking to sign these memory boards, please keep in mind that the times and locations of the boards could change so be sure to ask a Cast Member if you have any questions.
After December 15th, the boards will be on display for all to see at D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event, from July 14–16 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
But until then, make sure you visit D23.com/WalkWithWalt! It is a fantastic site that will keep you reading for hours!!!