SeaWorld Orlando News:
Mako Opening & Sneak Peek
Two new announcements feed the frenzy for the coming of the hypercoaster
Two announcements about the highly anticipated Mako has thrill ride enthusiasts in a frenzy!
The new coaster, which will be Orlando’s tallest, fastest, and longest hypercoaster, will take riders on an adventure like no other as the attraction now has a grand opening date of June 10, 2016.
The countdown in on!!!!!
Feeding the frenzy is a new live presentation in the park for guests who want a sneak peek starting now. The new presentation gives guests a preview of the ride design, construction and experience, and also shares interesting educational facts about sharks in the wild that need our help.
The preview presentation, called Mako Rising, is now being shown at Nautilus Theater daily at 11:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Audience members enjoy complimentary snacks as they relax in the cool indoor theater and participate in the informative, interactive experience. All audience guests also will receive special in-park offers and the opportunity to win a prize during the presentation.
You can find out more about the attraction, take a look back to the unveiling of the lead car.
- Opening June 10, 2016, Mako will be the tallest, fastest and longest coaster in Orlando.
- Mako will be a hypercoaster, designed for speed and relentless “air time”
- Orlando’s only hypercoaster lures guests to brave tight turns, stomach steep drops and endure shark-attack speeds.
- Riders will soar up to 200 feet high and reach speeds up to 73 mph.
- Mako will be the centerpiece of the new two-acre shark-themed realm which also includes Shark Encounter®, Sharks Underwater Grill®, gift shops, and shark- and shipwreck-themed educational experiences.
Follow the frenzy using the hashtag #NothingFaster. Visit SeaWorld.com/Mako for more information and updates on the new ride.Follow us for more updates: