Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party takes place on select nights from now until December 18th, and this separate ticketed event is a great way to kick off your Holiday Season!
As with any Special Event at Walt Disney World planning is key to making your most of your time, and with so many exclusive entertainment, character, shopping, or food offerings prioritizing your ‘Must Do’s’ is as important as ever!
So here are 10 things to keep in mind when you are creating your game-plan for attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
10 Things To Know On The Go: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
1. While the event begins at 7 pm, you can gain access to the Magic Kingdom at 4 pm and if you are in the park before the event you can get wristbands inside the park in Tomorrowland and Adventureland.
2. FastPass+ is not offered during the Party, so arriving early can help you knock out some attractions as the crowds will begin thinning as the party begins.
I suggest catching a ride on the Jingle Cruise as soon as you arrive, because the lighting is better for viewing all the festive additions to the attraction.
3. During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party you can find several locations around the park offering Hot Chocolate and Sugar Cookies.
If you have allergies or dietary restrictions they offer apple juice, apple slices, grapes, and gluten free cookies at the same locations.
4. If you don’t arrive to the Party early, don’t fret that you’ve missed the Castle Lighting. ‘A Frozen Holiday Wish’ is performed at BOTH 6:15 pm and 8:00 pm.
5. The Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade steps off from Frontierland twice a night during the Party, and really there is no bad spot to watch from.
I will say that it is a slower moving parade, so if you are on Main Street you will have quite a wait for the parade to reach you.
6. This year I switched up my Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party game plan, and I really enjoyed it!
Now hear me out on this before you completely judge me…
As soon as the 6:15 pm ‘A Frozen Holiday Wish’ was over, I went on the hunt for a spot to sit in front of the castle.
While we did invest quite a chunk of our night to sitting (Thank you Heads Up for being a great app to have on your phone for the kids) from our spot we saw Celebrate the Season, A Frozen Holiday Wish, Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, Celebrate the Magic, and Holiday Wishes – Celebrate the Spirit of the Season without moving with Cinderella Castle as our backdrop.
However, since the girls were rested we were able to stay the rest of the party and enjoyed shorter waits for attractions and characters as the night went on.
Believe me when I say that this plan isn’t for everyone, and you need to make sure that everyone in your group is completely on board.
We were really lucky to have made friends with a wonderful family around us from Louisiana, so we were able to go on Hot Chocolate and Sugar Cookie runs together for the gang during the longer breaks.
7. The Exclusive Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card this year is adorable as it features Olaf and the Snowgies!
I suggest grabbing your card early, not because they will run out but because you might forget after a long night of merriment!
8. I feel like I’ve been saying this a lot lately, but the Party Exclusive merchandise is great!
I HAD to have this ornament!!!
9. New this year is performances by VoicePlay. Voice play is an acclaimed acapella group who you may know from ‘The Sing-Off’, and they take to the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland between performances of ‘A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas’.
Their show is short, sweet, and super fun! I totally recommend catching them at least once during the Party!!!
10. ‘Holiday Wishes – Celebrate the Spirit of the Season’ is a WONDERFUL fireworks show that includes perimeter launches, and while watching facing Cinderella Castle is the way that most people go don’t be afraid to watch from New Fantasyland. It is gorgeous!
11. If you love meeting Characters, you will LOVE Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
You can find…
- Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws – Storybook Circus (If this is your top Character priority, as soon as you arrive head back to his area)
- Donald, Scrooge McDuck, Daisy, Minnie – Storybook Circus
- Santa Goofy – near Barnstormer
- Big Al, Liverlips, Shaker and Wendell – Liberty Square
- Seven Dwarfs – Fantasyland near Mine Train (very popular! Line up by 6 to meet them.)
- Princesses with their Princes – In Princess Fairytale Hall, you can find Cinderella with her Prince and Rapunzel with Flynn Rider. Just outside in Fantasyland, you will find Aurora with Prince Phillip and Snow White with her Prince.Tiana and Prince Naveen can be found in Liberty Square.
- Tigger and Friends – Fantasyland near Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Santa Claus – Town Square (Not Party Exclusive, but I thought I would leave him on the list)
Follow us for more updates: