Legends: A Haunting at Old Town
A Scaredy Cat Visits Legends: A Haunting at Old Town
Hi! My name is Shelley and I am a Scaredy Cat. I don’t like horror movies, and the thought of visiting a Haunted Attraction made me break out in hives until earlier this year.
When I was invited to experience Legends: A Haunting at Old Town, I decided that it was finally time to face my fears for the first time!
Legends: A Haunting at Old Town is a year-round Haunted Attraction located at in Kissimmee that combines live actors, detailed sets, and intense special effects to create an atmosphere of fear and fun.
Ashdown and Son’s Undertakers have been offering their funeral services to the people of Old Town since 1889, and unfortunately the living aren’t good for business and sometimes they have to help find new business in unconventional ways.
Guests to the Ashdown and Son’s Undertakers visit in small groups for an incredibly personal tour and intimate exploration of the various levels (and inhabitants) of the building.
“It seems the dead won’t stay dead and those brave enough to venture into the haunted funeral parlor of the Ashdown’s might find themselves trapped between the wickedness of the living and the wrath of the dead.”
I had an absolute blast facing my fears at Legends: A Haunting at Old Town, and now I am ready to start testing my limits further!
Over the years several friends have given me some great advice about making the most of my Haunted Attraction Experience, and here are the ones that worked the best for me!
Tips for Scaredy Cats experiencing a Haunted Attractions from a Scaredy Cat:
1. Don’t go alone – Make sure that you visit a haunted attraction with a group of people that you can trust as you will be in a situation where you won’t be incredibly comfortable at first.
2. Be Prepared – Before you visit your Haunted Attraction, make sure that you visit their site so you have an idea of what you will come face-to-face with and also you’ll find tips to make your experience more enjoyable.
3. Breathe – When you go into a room that really gives you the ‘heebee jeebees’, take an extra moment to take a breath and remind yourself that you are okay and in control.
4. Try to stay calm – Now this seems terribly counterintuitive, but the scream actors are going to go after those that will garner the biggest payoff…so don’t be that guy!
5. So I can’t scream? – NO! Scream, jump, and panic! Just try to make sure you find some way to calm yourself when you feel like you are outside of your comfort zone. When I had moments where I felt out of control, I took a moment and rubbed my hands together to take myself out of the intensity of the moment.
6. Have fun! – Remember you are taking part of this haunted attraction to have fun and bond with your friends.
If you are curious as to if you can handle Haunted Attractions, Legends: A Haunting at Old Town is a great environment to test your limits!
Legends: A Haunting at Old Town is year round Thursday – Sunday, and since the group sizes are so small reservations are recommended and can be made by calling (407) 883-0859. You can find great information, special offers, and more by visiting their website.Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: