Orlando City SC Transportation Options and Parking for March 8
Free SunRail Service and Free Continuous LYNX LYMMO Line Service to Citrus Bowl Highlight Convenient Options for Fans
Orlando City SC today announced a series of options for fans traveling to the Club’s inaugural Major League Soccer (MLS) match against New York City FC at the Orlando Citrus Bowl on March 8. With an expected crowd of 62,000 fans as part of Operation #FillTheBowl – everyone is encouraged to arrive early!
Fan Fest – featuring entertainment, live music, food, a beer garden, a kids’ zone and other festivities – will start at 2 p.m. along Rio Grande Avenue on the east side of the Orlando Citrus Bowl. Gates will open at 3 p.m. Kickoff is set for 5 p.m. ET.
LYNX LYMMO – Increased Downtown Service:
- Estimated to run on 5 minute increments, there will be continuous service on both the Grapefruit and Orange LYMMO lines circulating throughout downtown starting at 2 p.m. with opportunity to transfer to Citrus Bowl connection services. This will provide fans with a convenient opportunity to get to the stadium from a variety of locations across downtown Orlando (including the Church Street SunRail stop). A complete transportation map can be found here.
LYNX ‘Citrus Bowl Connection’ Service Between Downtown & Citrus Bowl:
- In addition, LYNX and Orlando Venues will provide free continuous bus service between downtown and the Orlando Citrus Bowl. More than 40 buses will be continuously running in a loop post-game to ensure fans a smooth exit from the stadium to various downtown locations.
- Free SunRail service for fans will be provided before and after the game on Sunday, March 8. This convenient opportunity allows fans to arrive in Downtown from surrounding communities and to take LYNX LYMMO lines to the stadium, alleviating the need for parking. For more information, click here.
- Citrus Bowl: Fans can pre-purchase Citrus Bowl parking via TicketMaster here. Space will be limited and sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. Season Ticket Members should contact their account representatives for parking information.
- Downtown Garages: Fans can park in any Downtown garage and take the free LYNX LYMMO service to and from the stadium. Fans are encouraged to pre-pay for parking by visiting orlandoeventparking.com.
Prepaid Tolls Post-Game:
- To help ease fans’ exit from the Citrus Bowl following the match, Orlando City has partnered with the Central Florida Expressway Authority to prepay tolls for vehicles leaving Citrus Bowl parking lots post-match (7-8 p.m.) and entering State Road 408 at the Orange Blossom Trail ramp.
“We have all worked so hard for this historic match on March 8, and we want to ensure all our fans have a wonderful experience from the moment they leave their home,” said Orlando City Founder and President Phil Rawlins. “We are thrilled to work with our friends at LYNX and SunRail to provide our fans with a wide variety of convenient mass transportation options.”
Orlando City will host several additional events leading up to March 8 as part of Operation #FillTheBowl, including Soccer Under the Stars on Friday, March 6 and a Record Breaking Pub Crawl on Saturday, March 7.
Less than 1,000 season tickets remain! To purchase season tickets, visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com or call 855-ORL-CITY. Also, follow the latest Orlando City news and updates via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: