Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party kicks off the Halloween Celebrations at the Magic Kingdom tonight, and if you are anything like me you are caught totally off guard!!!
How can it be time for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party to start already? I thought summer just started…
With new offerings and so much to do to get ready, I thought I would share some last minute tips for getting ready for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
Pick Six: Last Minute Tips For Attending
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
1. Study up on new offerings
This year Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party has a few new offerings, and I have to say that I am pretty stoked!
Guests who want to meet some of their favorite Disney villains will now be able to find them at locations around the park. Jafar will be in Adventureland, The Queen of Hearts near Mad Tea Party in Fantasyland, and Lotso will be hanging out near Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland.
Club Villain will be taking over The Diamond Horseshoe in Liberty Square with a wicked atmosphere, lively music, glowing décor, and appearances by Cruella De Vil, Dr. Facilier, Anastasia, Drizella, Lady Tremaine, and more!
This year Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade will be receiving a few tweaks including the expansion of the Phineas and Ferb Creepa Crew pre-parade interactive experience to involve more of the parade route and the first-ever appearance of Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope in the parade.
2. Prioritize for your family
Is your family at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party to ride attractions, just a friendly reminder that the FastPass+ system will not be available during the party, to explore the trick-or-treat trails, or do you want to see all the entertainment options that you can?
The important thing to do is make sure that you are all on the same page and get as much done as you can!
And remember that while the party and the exclusive events don’t officially start until 7:00 pm, you can arrive at 4:00 pm to knock a few things off your list that will still be open at the Magic Kingdom.
Some unexpected things that my family likes to do during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party are riding the Jungle Cruise at Night, taking a trip to the Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road for the fun lighting effects, and we like to spend extra time taking pictures of attractions with the unique party lighting.
Here are highlights from our time at last year’s Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!
3. Download the new Mayhem at the Mansion App
This year Walt Disney World is taking Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party to the next level with an augmented reality game called ‘Mayhem at the Mansion’.
Stitch Kingdom shared a lot of information about the game, but using the Mickey’s Not So Scary map with the Mayhem at the Mansion app you will travel around the park to capture ghosts that have escaped from the Haunted Mansion. Once you capture your ghost, you can save and share your finds before returning them to the Haunted Mansion.
The directions are super simple!
The app is free and information about the Mayhem at the Mansion app can be found on their site here.
4. To merch or not to merch
Every year I find myself having the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Exclusive Merchandise conversation with myself…
Th number one item on my list this year is the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Exclusive Magic Band that WDWNT reported on earlier.
My best tip for purchasing merchandise is to buy what you want early!!! Items can sell out or may not be available at all the merchandise locations, do don’t chance it or spend your time worrying!!!
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is always tricky when it comes to costumes for our family, because the weather is typically hot and most costumes are made for cooler climates.
We are planning to combat this by trying our hand at DisneyBounding as a Family.
She even showed how she breaks down a character’s look for DisneyBounding!
I’m not spilling the beans about what we’ll be dressing up as this year…you’ll just have to wait!
6. What to make sure to bring with you to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
We always like to travel light to the party, however for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party we always carry a backpack!
Some things that we like to carry with us to the party are:
- Large Ziplock Bags – For extra treat storage and for our electronics in case it rains
- A Change of Clothes for Zoe – She gets antsy in her costume every year, and having this change of clothes has been a life saver
- Savory Snacks – Since the party begins at 7 we like to eat an early dinner before we arrive at the Magic Kingdom, so as the night starts to go on we find ourselves needing a snack that isn’t so packed full of sugar. I like to bring packets of peanuts and cheese crackers.
- Glow Sticks – We try not to fall victim to the light-up carts, so before the party I will run to the Dollar Tree to purchase some fun glow sticks and light up toys. I cannot tell you how much money this has saved us over the years.
- Envelope – I like to bring an envelope to keep my Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card a little safer.
Here are a few more things to know before you go to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party:
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party requires a separate ticket for admission.
- Tickets are available while supplies last and are not valid for theme park admission prior to the hours of the event.
- Each Guest may only purchase 8 tickets per event date.
- Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use.
- Guests of all ages may wear costumes only to the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party event; otherwise, costumes are only permitted at Magic Kingdom park for Guests ages 9 and under.
- All costumes must adhere to any guidelines as determined solely by Disney.
- Please choose costumes that are not obstructive, offensive or violent.
- Guests’ eyes must be visible at all times.
- Event information and activities are subject to restrictions and change without notice.
We are all really excited to attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, and I can’t wait to share tons of pictures and information soon!
Follow us for more updates: