Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations Will Continue to Donate $100 to
Give Kids The World for Every Package Booked
Due to its popularity among visiting families, Universal Orlando Resort has announced that it will continue through 2014 to offer a one-of-a-kind vacation package allowing guests to spend cherished family time in its theme parks and then to create unforgettable memories for children at Give Kids The World Village.
Give Kids The World Village (GKTW) is a 70-acre, nonprofit “storybook” resort that immerses children with life-threatening illnesses and their families in joy, hope, laughter and non-stop fun at Central Florida’s world-class attractions.
“Give Kids The World Village is truly a special place and is our favorite charity to be a part of,” said Dr. Brian Lahmann who recently volunteered at GKTW with his family during their Universal Orlando Resort vacation. “As a previous ‘wish family’…it holds a special place in our hearts, as we visited there just after our Nolan finished chemotherapy for leukemia.”
With this vacation offer, guests spend two days enjoying unparalleled thrills at the Universal Orlando theme parks and one day making the dreams of children with life-threatening illnesses come true as they come face-to-face with their favorite storybook characters, get their faces painted, receive makeovers and more. Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations will also continue to donate $100 to Give Kids The World for every package booked.
The package details are below:
Give Kids The World Volunteer Vacation Package for
Universal Partner Hotels
**Pricing starts at $359 per adult, tax inclusive. No additional fees to volunteer.
**Pricing for Universal Orlando’s On-Site Hotels starts at $625 per adult, tax inclusive. No additional fees to volunteer.
|Package includes the following benefits:
- · Three nights of hotel accommodations
- 2-day Park-to-Park tickets with 3rd day FREE – one theme park, per day (Must be used by May 22, 2014)
- A four-hour volunteer opportunity at Give Kids The World Village
- FREE scheduled roundtrip transportation to and from Give Kids The World Village
- Early Park Admission to Universal’s Islands of Adventure to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter before the rest of the general public
Vacation package must be booked by December 12, 2014, for travel through December 17, 2014.
Families have the opportunity to add a whole new experience to their vacations with numerous volunteer opportunities at Give Kids The World Village, including:
- Character Photos – Volunteers will share the special moment when children come face-to-face with their favorite storybook characters.
- La-Ti-Da-Spa – Volunteers assist with makeovers, including face-painting, nails, makeup, hand massage and airbrush tattoos. Volunteers 16 and older.
- Gingerbread House – Volunteers engage in high interaction with special guests by serving breakfast, running food, refilling drinks, bussing tables and clean-up.
- Express Breakfast – Volunteers serve breakfast food to-go and are responsible for greeting guests, taking orders and packaging food.
Volunteers must be a minimum of 8-years-old to participate and those under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Interested participants must complete an online application and waiver. Volunteers 18 and older are required to complete a background check.
For more information on this Give Kids The World vacation and volunteer package or other Universal Orlando Resort vacation packages, visit www.UniversalOrlando.com.
About Universal Orlando Resort
Vacation like you mean it at Universal Orlando Resort – where every heart pounding, jaw-dropping, goose-bumping second counts. It is the only place where you can turn spending time with your family into spending time as a family. Together, you can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, become a Minion in the hilarious and heartwarming Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride, and join Optimus Prime in the fight to save mankind on the new mega-attraction, TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D. And coming this summer: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.
Universal Orlando Resort is home to two incredible theme parks: Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure; four magnificently themed on-site hotels: Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort and the newest addition, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, opening March 31; and Universal CityWalk – a nighttime entertainment complex featuring a collection of nightclubs, restaurants and shops. And located just minutes from Universal Orlando Resort is Wet n’ Wild, Orlando’s premier waterpark.
Universal Orlando Resort is part of NBCUniversal, a Comcast company. Follow Universal Orlando Resort on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Follow us for more updates: