SeaWorld Orlando Penguins Up Close Tour
When I was younger I used to dream about having a penguin that lived in our freezer, so when I had the opportunity to see one up close I jumped that the opportunity!
Earlier this year SeaWorld Orlando opened Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, and now the park is offering the Penguins Up Close Tour where guests can experience what it is like to work and live in this attraction and habitat.
The Penguins Up Close Tour is approximately 45 minute long, and is a walking tour that takes guests behind the scenes at the Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin to see what it takes to keep these beautiful birds happy and healthy.
The tour is led by an Animal Care Specialist who is extremely knowledgeable about the birds and exhibit, and beyond happy to answer any and all of your questions!
It was fascinating to learn about their health care routines, feeding breakouts, and just how much manual labor goes into maintaining the penguin’s habitat.
For me the absolute highlight of the tour is that you get a rare opportunity to interact with and touch a penguin! It was beyond amazing! It also becomes apparent how easily Animal Care Specialists tell them apart, because their personalities shine in this encounter!
The Penguin Up Close Tour is offered several times a day, and because of the space in the attraction the groups are quite small which creates a very intimate environment where you really get the chance to experience the offerings instead of jockeying for space.
The Penguins Up Close Tour was absolutely amazing, and having the opportunity to interact with the penguins was a dream come true for me! I cannot recommend this tour highly enough for animal enthusiasts!!!
There are a few things to keep in mind when booking the Penguins Up Close Tour:
- It is 30° inside of Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, and while there is some adjusting to the temperature stops included in the tour make sure to wear appropriate clothing. You will be chilly!
- There are slick surfaces on the walking tour, so you will want to wear shoes that are okay to get wet and have some tread on them for safety’s sake.
- You are allowed to take pictures with your phone and cameras, however you will want to be careful about condensation on your lens.
- Participants must check in at the Information & Reservations Counter at least 30 minutes prior to the tour start time.
- All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Small groups will be combined to form a tour group of about 12 guests.
- Children under 3 are free but need a tour reservation.
- Late arrivals may miss tour components or may not be accommodated due to limited tour availability.
- Tour times, prices and components are subject to change and availability.
- Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice are non-refundable.
- SeaWorld admission is required, but not included.
Follow us for more updates: