To commemorate the 35th anniversary of an original classic, Disney proudly presents a special 2-movie collection featuring all-time family favorites, The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under, for the first time ever on Blu-ray! Join two of the world’s bravest mice – Bernard and Bianca – as they set out on two thrilling rescue missions full of comic adventure while soaring through the Devil’s Bayou and flying sky high in the Australian outback.
The Rescuers Is based on the children’s books by Margery Sharp, which are great reads, and are full of great adventures and lessons for the whole family.
In The Rescuers, Miss Bianca and Bernard travel to Louisiana to rescue Penny from the evil Madame Medusa. While I really enjoyed the story of the The Rescuers the animation definitely has its moments yet in the end it just isn’t as great as other Disney Animated Classics. I also had a really hard time becoming invested in Madame Medusa as a villain. Zoe spent a lot of time laughing and enjoying The Rescuers, because it is filled with face paced action and tons of gags that she found hilarious.
Also included in this 35th Anniversary combo pack is The Rescuers Down Under, the sequel to the original movie. With the same general premise, except set in Australia, the movie tries really hard but never makes it up to the same level as The Rescuers The comedy is more slap-stick and the action is a little lack luster at times.
As with all other Disney Blu-Ray movies , The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under is chocked full of some great Bonus Features!!!
- “Peoplitis” is a deleted song written for a scene that was never animated. Ron Clements introduces us to the scene (using storyboards) and song as sung by Louis Prima
- “The Three Blind Mouseketeers” is a 1936 Silly Symphony cartoon
- Water Birds is the Oscar-winning 1952 short feature in the True-Life Adventure series detailing many different species of water fowl with the legendary nature photography Disney became known for. This is in 1080p and runs for 30 minutes.
- “Someone’s Waiting for You” sing along song offers on-screen lyrics with clips from The Rescuers.
- “The Making of The Rescuers Down Under” is a vignette giving a few minutes of face time to producer Thomas Schumacher, directors Hendel Butoy and Mike Gabriel, several animators, and the film’s art director discussing the two year production period that included a research trip to Australia and trips to the San Diego Zoo to watch real animals in motion.
Buckle up for the ride of your life as these tiny heroes with great big hearts outrun and outwit their rivals to save the day. Brimming with lovable characters and unforgettable music, the 2-movie collection is high-flying fun for the entire family!
Follow us for more updates: