Yesterday the ‘Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun’ Parade stepped off for the first time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The ‘Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun’ replaces the popular and high energy ‘Block Party Bash’ Parade with a lack luster eight minute blink and you missed it “parade”.
Let’s start with the similarities between the current offering and ‘Block Party Bash’…
- Starting time – Both parades begin at 3:00 pm.
- Starting location – Starting on Hollywood Boulevard and ending near Star Tours the route snakes its way around the center of the park.
- Slightly rethemed parade floats – The large floats are all the same, while the smaller floats have gotten a fresh coat of paint.
- Reused costumes and props – Okay, the costumes, props, and scooters are pretty much EXACTLY the same…
So if all that is the same, what’s new?
- Music – The songs we all loved to hate have been replaced by a tweaked “I Don’t Want to Work”…over and over again.
- Characters – While the large floats have the same characters from The Incredibles, A Bug’s Life, Monster’s Inc, and Toy Story, Carl, Russell, and Dug from Up, Remy from Ratatouille, and Lotso from Toy Story 3 have been added.
While I really enjoyed the characters that were added, but I can’t help but miss all the excitement that ‘Block Party Bash’ brought to the streets of Hollywood Studios.Share this article:
Follow us for more updates: